Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 09:43 AM   #1

Default Question re: 2015 RT CS with LW5000-24-C inverter

Hello good people,

My inverter (specified in the thread title) had its settings on the LED readout changed accidentally. I have scoured the internet to no avail trying to find out what each of the various settings in the LED menu should be set at. The owners manual for the inverter has nothing regarding the settings in this LED panel. Has anyone ever set one of these?

Specifically, there is a setting which shows an icon which looks like a battery and the settings are from 0 to 8. Is this for the number of batteries in the system? I have 8 6V batteries making a 24V system. Another setting is when the words "charge" and "battery" are blinking and the options are 14A, 28A, 42A, 56A, 70A. I can not find anything on the internet after searching for 4 hours. Please help!

LP
LPEREZDANCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:26 AM   #2
Platinum Member

This manual has easier to follow programming instructions and appears to cover the LW series: https://www.photonicuniverse.com/upl..._inverters.pdf

There are 8 battery charge profiles to choose from. None look ideal to me. Folks probably pick B-3 or B-5 for typical AGM batteries although the float voltage of both seems high to me. B-2 absorption at 14.1V seems too low (to me) but has a better float voltage.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #3

Thank you very much Markopolo!

That manual had more info than any other I could find, but it didn't show all the settings mine seems to have. Thank you again sir.

LP
Old 07-31-2020, 08:09 PM   #4

Thank you very much Markopolo!

The settings in that manual *are* slightly similar to mine.

Setting 3 (page 11) has an entry for a 6kw model but mine is a 5kw model. It *does* show the settings of mine though (LK6000-24 (6000W 24V) 14A/28A/42A/56A/70A) but it does not give me any clue as to which setting it should be?

I think the real important one is the one where the icon which looks like a battery is flashing and the settings are 0-8. It would appear to be part of Setting 6 (page 12) and I would go with that EXCEPT for the fact that my unit actually has a physical DIP SWITCH which outlines the exact same options:

Setting Charge Voltage/Float Voltage
b –1 (Gel USA)14.0/13.7;
b –2 (AGM)14.1/13.4;
b –3 (AGM)14.6/13.7;
b –4 (Sealed lead acid)14.1/13.6;
b –5 (Gel EUROPE)14.4/13.8;
b –6 (Open lead acid)14.8/13.8;
b –7 (Calcium open)15.1/13.6;
b –8 (Desulphation cycle)15.5 for 4 hours;
0 (Charger not required)Battery charger is off.

I want to believe that this is a mere redundancy, having a physical dip switch and also an electronic setting in the LCD screen, but I do not want to damage my system by setting it wrong. What happens if the two settings (dip switch and LCD panel) are set differently?
Old 08-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Is it a round battery type selector switch?

switch.JPG

It's confusing to have both physical switches and software control for the battery type.

I wish I could help more but I don't have any experience with the inverters RT used.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:35 AM   #6

yes sir, it is exactly that switch
I decided to st it on 2 and set the LCD setting on 2 as well, even though the physical one was set to 5 and the LCD was set on 6 since we bought it new in 2016.

I set the LCD to 8 for about 5 minutes because I thought it was needing to know how many batteries I have. When I did though, I noticed a significant increase in the fan sound/speed so I put it back on 6. Now it seems to me that setting 8 is the desulphation setting as indicated in the manual which you posted the link to.

again, I thank you for your willingness to help sir!

LP