Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #41
Platinum Member

The source for the signal input for LC & 50% & 12.5% etc was the online manuals on Renogy's site.

Note that in more recent manuals, the LC connect current limiting is listed as 50% for all three models now. The 12.5% for the 20A & 40A is gone & replaced with 50% current limiting. (page 14 of online manual I looked at just now) https://www.renogy.com/content/RNG-D...060-Manual.pdf
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 12:54 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Most interesting.

My Version 1.3 paper manual that came with the unit says "…will be 50% greater…".

The present online manual, Version 1.4, says "… the input side may experience a draw higher current draw by a factor of up to 50%." (emphasis mine)

Butt covering?

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #43
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
Most interesting.

My Version 1.3 paper manual that came with the unit says "…will be 50% greater…".

The present online manual, Version 1.4, says "… the input side may experience a draw higher current draw by a factor of up to 50%." (emphasis mine)

Butt covering?

I think this is different than a current limiting or cut in point. It sounds like they are talking about the fact to get X amount of the DC to DC you might much more going in because of the conversion to charge voltages. I seem to remember someone stating a Renogy using 20% higher amps than the output here someplace.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #44
Platinum Member

Then if I’m charging at a higher voltage than the alternator is putting out, I would have less amperage, right?

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #45
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
Then if I’m charging at a higher voltage than the alternator is putting out, I would have less amperage, right?

Yes, less output than input on the B to B. It probably would also be lower when the same or even if the engine voltage is higher by some amount but I don't know that.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #46
Gold Member

Ok, I have read and re-read these threads and just want to clarify a couple of points.
1 If I want to have the DC-DC charger turn on after up to 99 seconds after the voltage is say 13.5v I only need one DVB01 comparator?
2 If I want to use the LC if the voltage drops below say 12.8 I would need another one?
As you can see this is not my forte.
Old 10-24-2021, 02:58 PM   #47
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Yes, less output than input on the B to B. It probably would also be lower when the same or even if the engine voltage is higher by some amount but I don't know that.
I have inexpensive hall sensor amp meters on input and output of my Renogy 60 amp DC-DC. With 66% SOC on my lithium batteries, I see 54 amps output and 72 amps input (25% loss). When I switch current liming on, it drops to 27 amps out and 33 in (18% loss). So, it appears to be non-linear. Next road trip, I will monitor both over the course of a complete charge cycle to get a better idea of the input vs. output current, but it appears to be much less than the stated 50% (33% loss). With the LC circuit activated, the output is cut in half.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:05 PM   #48
Bronze Member

Thanks to you and Marko for the great info. I have ordered 2 of them to install in my system. Simple question, how do you mount these? Can you just screw them to the wall or do they need to be a base? Video show them on a base, but I don't see any options to find one.
Treker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:29 AM   #49
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treker20 View Post
Thanks to you and Marko for the great info. I have ordered 2 of them to install in my system. Simple question, how do you mount these? Can you just screw them to the wall or do they need to be a base? Video show them on a base, but I don't see any options to find one.
Sorry Guys, should have quoted the post, I was taking about the DBVO1

Terry
Old 01-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #50
Platinum Member

I’m late to this party and haven’t read every post but if you leave the control post open the Kisae quits charging below 13.2 volts on the input and has a delay on startup.

It would be a waste of it’s solar controller but the rest of it looks like it would do the job.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:45 PM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
My Renogy 60 amp B2B is mounted in the drivers side ottoman where most of the electrical connections are. I installed the DVB units in a blue plastic electrical box that is attached to the top of the B2B with Velcro. When we're driving and charging the batteries, I have a couple of 3/4" strips of wood that raise the seat cushion up to provide ventilation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC-DC with controllers.jpg (291.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-17-2022, 09:52 PM   #52
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilym View Post
My Renogy 60 amp B2B is mounted in the drivers side ottoman where most of the electrical connections are. I installed the DVB units in a blue plastic electrical box that is attached to the top of the B2B with Velcro. When we're driving and charging the batteries, I have a couple of 3/4" strips of wood that raise the seat cushion up to provide ventilation.
Mike, thanks, I like that idea, I should be able to mount mine on top of the B2B also. What size wire did you use? looks pretty good size. The D+ only has to be 16-18. Did you go larger than that?

Also did you use spacers on the bottom side of the DVBO or just mount it to box.

Terry
Old 01-17-2022, 10:45 PM   #53
Platinum Member

Quote:
Mike, thanks, I like that idea, I should be able to mount mine on top of the B2B also. What size wire did you use? looks pretty good size. The D+ only has to be 16-18. Did you go larger than that?

Also did you use spacers on the bottom side of the DVBO or just mount it to box.

Terry
Honestly, I just used wire that I had and it's certainly much fatter than needed. These lines carry very little current. I figured that the stand-off provided by the Velcro was enough and so far, no problems.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:20 PM   #54
Bronze Member

Quote:
Honestly, I just used wire that I had and it's certainly much fatter than needed. These lines carry very little current. I figured that the stand-off provided by the Velcro was enough and so far, no problems.
How did you mount the DVBO's in the box? It looks like the points on the back of the circuit board are part of the circuit, or are the the mounting screws?
Old 01-18-2022, 02:06 PM   #55
Bronze Member

Quote:
How did you mount the DVBO's in the box? It looks like the points on the back of the circuit board are part of the circuit, or are the the mounting screws?
Sorry the last part was a little confusing. are the points on the back parting of the mounting for the components on the front and part of the circuit ? as you can see i am not familiar with circuit boards.
Old 01-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #56
Platinum Member

Quote:
Sorry the last part was a little confusing. are the points on the back parting of the mounting for the components on the front and part of the circuit ? as you can see i am not familiar with circuit boards.
I used self-adhesive circuit board standoffs like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-18-2022, 05:22 PM   #57
Bronze Member

Quote:
I used self-adhesive circuit board standoffs like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh Wow, that sure makes it easy, I never would have thought to look for something like that. Thanks so much.