Originally Posted by Want a B
I understand USB adapters have parasite current draw which I did not want. So I wired in a ON/OFF switch.
Yes, good point.
When I designed the wiring for our semi-custom van, I added two van-wide circuits, each with a convenient toggle switch. One is labelled "Media" and it controls the TV, radio and so on, since all have parasitic loads as well. The other switch is labeled "DataCom" and it controls stuff like our router, WiFi hot spot, and so on.
This works really well. The only problem is that I can never remember which of the two I put the USB adaptors on.