Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 06:18 AM   #1

Default Roadtrek CS Adventurous 2015 - House Battery Replacement

OK the third time is a charm. First two battery replacepements were under warranty and thank you Roadtrek. The second time The Solar controller went out and batteries went bad. Replaced batteries and worn Alt belt. Later found that there was a flaw in the alternator pullies and the wiring was wrong. When the batteries were replaced they did with GEL's. 3 years later I am finding the Gels going out and probably need to be replaced. I am concerned that there is a greater issue.

1) what is the original house battery (have 4) and what should I replace it with?
2) What settings do I need to adjust to make certain the settings are correct for either Gel's or AGM's?
3)What else should I be testing or checking to see if there are other issues?

Thanks
zzfranczz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzfranczz View Post
OK the third time is a charm. First two battery replacepements were under warranty and thank you Roadtrek. The second time The Solar controller went out and batteries went bad. Replaced batteries and worn Alt belt. Later found that there was a flaw in the alternator pullies and the wiring was wrong. When the batteries were replaced they did with GEL's. 3 years later I am finding the Gels going out and probably need to be replaced. I am concerned that there is a greater issue.

1) what is the original house battery (have 4) and what should I replace it with?
2) What settings do I need to adjust to make certain the settings are correct for either Gel's or AGM's?
3)What else should I be testing or checking to see if there are other issues?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum zzzfranczz!

I'm not qualified to give you advice on your problem, but someone will be along to help. I believe they have been referring Roadtrek owners to another on-line group. But stick around here. There is lots to be learned.

Might be helpful to let us know if you have the under hood generator (second alternator) or the propane Onan generator in the rear.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #3

Yes I have the under the hood generator. Had the fix applied to fix the miss alignment issue.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:37 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzfranczz View Post
Yes I have the under the hood generator. Had the fix applied to fix the miss alignment issue.

What inverter/charger is in it?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:23 AM   #5

It is the Microgreen Model MG-CI-AXA-3000 inverter.

Thanks.