Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Roadtrek Electrical schematic

Does anyone have a schematic of the Roadtrek 210? The one in the owner's manual is not complete.
Diver007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:32 PM   #2

You might include the year. I know my 99D190P is very different than earlier years and after 2002.
StephenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #3
Bronze Member

As a suggestion, a very nice and knowledgeable individual has developed a Roadtrek Electrical Simulator (Metrotrekkers Home Page). It is not a "Schematic Diagram" but it may help.
habsfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver007 View Post
Does anyone have a schematic of the Roadtrek 210? The one in the owner's manual is not complete.
I too would like an electric schematic of a 2006 Roadtrek 210P! I did check out the electrical simulator and unfortunately that was not helpful for what we're looking for. I hope someone here will have some intell on how to get this.
dchristaortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
Platinum Member

AFAIK, the wiring diagrams don't exist outside of Roadtrek beyond the ones that are in some of the middle years of manuals, and are primarily the charging an DC supply stuff. Our 07, like quite few others, had the surround sound speakers wired wrong through the very complex wiring on the the selector switch. We never really noticed it until changing out the surround sound receiver after a few year, but when we did I called Roadtrek for a schematic or just the pin outs of the switch and they refused, even though they knew they had done a bunch of them wrong. Proprietary BS as usual for them. I was told to take it to the dealer and I would have to pay to have it repaired as it was out of warranty period for that item.

Perhaps the "new" Roadtrek still has the Chevy based prints and diagrams and would be willing to let them out to the public as it would be good for their reputation, but I don't know if anyone has pushed them on it to this point.

What wiring are you dealing with? Many here have been into the Roadtrek wiring and will likely be able to help out.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
AFAIK, the wiring diagrams don't exist outside of Roadtrek beyond the ones that are in some of the middle years of manuals, and are primarily the charging an DC supply stuff. Our 07, like quite few others, had the surround sound speakers wired wrong through the very complex wiring on the the selector switch. We never really noticed it until changing out the surround sound receiver after a few year, but when we did I called Roadtrek for a schematic or just the pin outs of the switch and they refused, even though they knew they had done a bunch of them wrong. Proprietary BS as usual for them. I was told to take it to the dealer and I would have to pay to have it repaired as it was out of warranty period for that item.

Perhaps the "new" Roadtrek still has the Chevy based prints and diagrams and would be willing to let them out to the public as it would be good for their reputation, but I don't know if anyone has pushed them on it to this point.

What wiring are you dealing with? Many here have been into the Roadtrek wiring and will likely be able to help out.
Hi! The GFCI in the Galley does not work and now the TV outlets don't work. Since they both went out at the same time, thinking they are connected and hoping replacement of the GFCI will take care of both outlets. We wanted a schematic to verify and one other outlet located close to the TV, but not in the AV area does not work and not sure what that is connected/daisy chained to.
dchristaortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchristaortiz View Post
Hi! The GFCI in the Galley does not work and now the TV outlets don't work. Since they both went out at the same time, thinking they are connected and hoping replacement of the GFCI will take care of both outlets. We wanted a schematic to verify and one other outlet located close to the TV, but not in the AV area does not work and not sure what that is connected/daisy chained to.

The galley and the audio are on one circuit and sometimes another outlet toward the front like ours is. They are distinct also in that they are on the inverter AC circuits (the only ones on it) which goes back to the Tripplite inverter. You may have a tripped breaker on the Tripplite or a bad transfer switch in it.

Are the outlets dead on both shore power and inverter? If so, you would need to check the input to the GFCI for power and if it isn't there, then the Tripplite output.

First look for tripped breakers on the Tripplite.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 03:00 AM   #8

Default 2008 roadtrek 170 wiring diagrams

i have a 2008 170 and am looking for the detailed wiring diagrams. Working on a couple of problems. I can't get AC power to three of the outlets, namely two in back and one outside below the side door. All others are hot. It's not a GFCI problem.

Also wanting to understand all the audio and TV wiring.
jssteck@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 05:17 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Likely the outside outlet issue is a GFCI- code would have a GFCI on that outlet- I wonder if that is on same breaker as your 2 rear outlets.

You may have to get a tracer box off amazon- or disconnect from all power and test through from outlets back to breakers for continuity.

Hopeful you can find a wiring diagram... on a pleasure way fb group one of the members has tried to chart out the 110 and 12 volts systems and he's pretty close.
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 05:41 PM   #10

Thanks for the response. Turns out that all outlets work if powered by shore power or generator. Otherwise from inverter power those three do not work but all the rest do. Puzzling but probably normal??
jssteck@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote