Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2019, 05:39 PM   #21

Could you elaborate on the fuse connection (fuse location and how it was changed) on the Norcold fridge in your RT. Do you know if this continued to be a problem with RT, particularly with 2018 Zion?
Old 09-23-2019, 03:46 AM   #22
Bronze Member

MIKE, the problem with the Norcold refrigerator fuse connector was with the CS models (as far as I know). The fuse connector is located on top of the refrigerator. You must pull the refrigerator out to get to it. I am not sure how it would relate to a 2018 Zion.
hdevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:36 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
where do I head to get a battery balancer?
On my 2015 Etrek under the side bench on the driver's side.

Quote:
this unit has a multi-position rocker switch above the sliding door, with an “auto” position. Putting this switch in auto position allowed the A/C to come on.
That sounds like the inverter switch. The "auto" feature apparently doesn't work properly. Roadtrek told people not to use it. Just turn the inverter on and off with the other two settings. You only need it on if you are using 120 appliances like the AC.

BTW - Rapido executives have said in interviews that they plan to produce most of the same models with the same designs as previously, including the Etrek. Their production start was targeted for October or November.

Update Roadtrek's website is back in operation with their current lineup of models under the new ownership.

The AGM batteries have advantages in cold weather. We have used our Etrek in -0F weather, which you probably wouldn't/shouldn't do with lithiums. The lithiums have two big advantages. One is that they are lighter, which doesn't matter much for the Merceds Sprinter chassis used on Etreks. The other is that you can draw them down further without damaging them, which gives you more useful power. Aside from very cold weather, the biggest downside is cost, although they also have a longer life expectancy.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #24

Update on my inverter issue:
The unit that failed (almost caused a fire!).. was mfg. by Micrcogreen from Richmond Hill, Ontario. I contacted them and spoke with Davy Hung. He was very helpful and although he would not cover the unit under warranty (because Roadtrek stuck them with a substantial receivable) he did sell a replacement at a discount. The org unit was no longer being produced.

I received the replacement and installed it. It is about 5 inches longer but still (barely) fit in the allocated space. I have been on the road with the new unit for 2 days now and even with the rooftop a.c. unit running all night, the inverter seems to be working as intended..
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Always good when you avoid a fire.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
volt start