Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2019, 05:24 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek voltstart

Hi there, glad to be here and being part of the community.

Q: On the Roadtrek Zion, how can I use the voltstart without the van turning on the lights?
I can turn off the main beans, but there are still those small ones that stay on while the vehicle is running.
I'm in the USA, no Canada.

Thanks.
VivaLaVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

If you haven't already, try applying the parking brake. That works on my older GM van.

I recall some discussion of dealer programming needed for MB Sprinters but hopefully the Ram Promasters are different.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:19 PM   #3

I am going to check right now. Thanks.
I'll report back if that made the trick!
Old 03-04-2019, 11:46 PM   #4

So it wasn't the parking break. That was actually engaged, which something that I'm used to do with all my vehicles when I park. I have this feeling that if I don't use the parking break when I'm parked, the transmission someone is being forced to hold the vehicle, especially if it's parked on univent terrain. I may be wrong.

So anyway I started messing around with the menu and found the solution, what stayed lighted on were the daytime lights, which is mandatory in Canada whenever the vehicle engine is running, but not in the US. So I found the settings to disable them on the uconect. (in the radio). So if anyone is reading this and is in the same situation that I was, that's how you fix it.
Thank you again for taking the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190304_193232.jpg (71.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaVan View Post
So it wasn't the parking break. That was actually engaged, which something that I'm used to do with all my vehicles when I park. I have this feeling that if I don't use the parking break when I'm parked, the transmission someone is being forced to hold the vehicle, especially if it's parked on univent terrain. I may be wrong.

So anyway I started messing around with the menu and found the solution, what stayed lighted on were the daytime lights, which is mandatory in Canada whenever the vehicle engine is running, but not in the US. So I found the settings to disable them on the uconect. (in the radio). So if anyone is reading this and is in the same situation that I was, that's how you fix it.
Thank you again for taking the time.
Welcome to the forum VivaLaVan!

Great first posts and thanks for the followup. Your information could help others.

Enjoy your van and safe travels!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:19 PM   #6
Silver Member

VivaLaVan, thanks for bringing up this topic and for sharing your solution. Could you post more info about how you navigated to the Daytime Lights setting? I have a Promaster custom build with an autostart system similar to Roadtrek's and would love to disable those lights but haven't been able to find the setting.
VanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFan View Post
VivaLaVan, thanks for bringing up this topic and for sharing your solution. Could you post more info about how you navigated to the Daytime Lights setting? I have a Promaster custom build with an autostart system similar to Roadtrek's and would love to disable those lights but haven't been able to find the setting.
@VanFaN Absolutely, I will post a video tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #8

Hi i'd rather think is a feature that comes on the RemoteStart I-data device and not in the Voltstart. Anyway Voltstart is manufactured by KS2corp they were supplying it to EHG/RT, you may contact them to get support: service@ks2corp.com
RV-RDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #9

So this is how I got to this fixed. I must say that there was absolutely not information on how to do this, no even on tve vehicle manual. Or maybe I missed that page. So I thought this video may help others.

https://youtu.be/d1dwFPqyeDk20190321_145326_0001.jpeg
Old 03-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-RDer View Post
Hi i'd rather think is a feature that comes on the RemoteStart I-data device and not in the Voltstart. Anyway Voltstart is manufactured by KS2corp they were supplying it to EHG/RT, you may contact them to get support: service@ks2corp.com
Thank you so much for the info.

Tags
roadtrek, voltstart, zion