Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2020, 08:25 PM   #1

Default Rt190 Wiring Routing

How is the 12v wiring routed from the power center to the other side of the compartment in a 1995 Roadtrek 190P? I am trouble shooting a 12v issue at the water pump; power from power center on driver side goes to pump switch on passenger side and then back to water pump on driver side. Wiring disappears behind bathroom panels; does wiring route through the overhead beam (where fluorescent light is) or go under floor?
I ask because wire color changes from pump switch to a different colored wire at water pump. Thanks
Hal Gosling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Never thought about it till you mentioned it but I suspect the switch drives a relay. I have never seen that relay nor have I seen the wiring which I expect goes under the floor. Sorry Im not more help. Gotta look for that relay someday!

I would look for that relay behind the power center. All power has to come from the battery contactor which is there. At the least the power wire to the switch panel has to come from there. I do know the power to the thermostat comes from there but it appears to cross above the two rear doors. There is a fuse in the power panel for the water pump. Try to follow that wire.

Just rambling. It is 110F out otherwise I’d go look.

The tank level sensor wires for the outside fresh water tank appear to cross in the roof about a foot behind the drivers seat. I saw them when I had to remove the wardrobe. I didn't see any other wires there.

You could chase the wires that control the generator. They start there and end up above the generator. Better yet chase the wires that control the battery contactor. The water pump control wire would be with them.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #3
Platinum Member

https://www.dutchmenowners.org/forum...0&d=1464375899

Here is the schematic. It shows a red wire coming from the fuse and a violet wire going to the pump. No relay mentioned. The relevant schematic is at the top of a page numbered 161.

I expect it goes under the floor just aft of the commode but I haven't found it yet.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote