Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2022, 12:09 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Service parts for Onan 2800i

I have an Onan model 2.8 KV-FN26100G RV generator, serial A980668069. Since this generator is in the worst possible spot and requires complete removal from my van to do any service on it, I kinda want to have everything ready to go and don't want to have to do this job twice. I have all the manuals and have scoured the internet for a service kit but can't find any part numbers or a kit so I have no idea what to buy. Can anyone enlighten me as to the part numbers for the:
air filter
spark plug
fuel filter
and can you tell me the oil type and quantity I would need?

Thanks,
Darel
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 11:53 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darel View Post
I have an Onan model 2.8 KV-FN26100G RV generator, serial A980668069. Since this generator is in the worst possible spot and requires complete removal from my van to do any service on it, I kinda want to have everything ready to go and don't want to have to do this job twice. I have all the manuals and have scoured the internet for a service kit but can't find any part numbers or a kit so I have no idea what to buy. Can anyone enlighten me as to the part numbers for the:
air filter
spark plug
fuel filter
and can you tell me the oil type and quantity I would need?

Thanks,
Darel
Hi:

Are you sure this is the Onan 2800i model? The 2800i model is fuel injected and is an inverted model. Just came out in 2020? I believe you may have a older Onan?
Old 10-02-2022, 11:57 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlum View Post
Hi:

Are you sure this is the Onan 2800i model? The 2800i model is fuel injected and is an inverted model. Just came out in 2020? I believe you may have a older Onan?
You're right sorry, it's a carbureted 2800.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:42 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Would this kit work? It only says for Microlite (which mine is), maybe it covers multiple models?

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Onan-...-p/48-9316.htm
Old 10-02-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
Platinum Member

This may help
https://www.cummins.com/sites/defaul.../0981-0136.pdf
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:05 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Nope. Been through both manuals six ways from Sunday, no part numbers at all. Thanks though.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:33 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Sorry. Maybe you need to call or send an email to cummins for the part numbers.
On a side note, if you are removing the gen you may consider relocating the fuel filter and the fuel pump to the outside of the unit so they would be much easier to service in the future. Others have done this.
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:37 PM   #8
Bronze Member

My fuel filter is already outside the gen. I noticed that when I was under there.

I found a parts manual for KV 2800 gens. It does NOT match with my specific model number but I went ahead and ordered the individual parts based on the parts numbers there anyway. Maybe they match up maybe not. Maybe I just get the oil change done, which actually will make me feel just a little bit better. We'll see.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:50 PM   #9

Confirm your model with lable on the front of the unit, I would purchase your parts online (which is what I do) from https://shop.cummins.com/CSSNAStore/...009O61QAE/onan

You put in s/n and that ensures you are getting the right parts and factory parts...
mdstrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:45 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Done and done. Serial number doesn't come up. Passed it on to Cummins and they said "call our line and maybe one of our service techs can help you". I'll figure it out.