Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #1

Default Storing my 2019 CrossFit

This is the first winter I’ve put my unit in storage.
Is this the correct procedure?
I’ve plugged in to 120 amp service with a splitter and plugged my 30 amp cord in to that.
I’ve put coach switch in storage mode.
I have solar panels but with it inside they will just be idle.
Do I do anything with the inverter?
Do this procedure also keep the chassis battery charged?
Looking for comments.
Thanks.
Sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask66 View Post
This is the first winter I’ve put my unit in storage.
Is this the correct procedure?
I’ve plugged in to 120 amp service with a splitter and plugged my 30 amp cord in to that.
I’ve put coach switch in storage mode.
I have solar panels but with it inside they will just be idle.
Do I do anything with the inverter?
Do this procedure also keep the chassis battery charged?
Looking for comments.
Thanks.
Welcome to the forum Sask66!

I assume you mean 120 volt service above and your "splitter" is actually is actually a 15 amp to 30 amp adapter plug.

Not many Transit-based Crossfits out there, but it seems many more Transit "b's" are on the way from various manufacturers. As far as your specific model, leaving the inverter "off" is best, so long as the charger portion will keep the batteries at a proper float voltage. This is an important step you need to verify by past observation, documentation, or a call to Coachmen.

Again, not familiar with your model, but you're in Minnesota so you'll need to properly winterize the water pipes and tanks by draining and blowing out and/or adding the proper amount of RV antifreeze.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Much depends on your system. Lithium or AGM? How is the inverter set up? Is the starter battery in the system or is it still set up as by Ford?

I know that with my RT system and AGMs, the inverter and batteries must be on to charge. My starter battery is separate and comes with a manual disconnect from Promaster, and I would just pull the negative.

But for those with lithiums, the batteries and inverter are shut off since lithiums hold their charge better than AGMs when sitting.

If you are not connected with other experienced Crossfit owners, I would consult my local dealer's service department, and if they are not all that helpful, I would call the factory's service/warranty department. I presume that your manual is not all that helpful.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I have lithium batteries and currently plugged into 120V AC 20a and charging my batteries with the inverter off. Off/on is a touch screen button. I use my van for convenience while in storage. It's an Advanced RV. I can't speak for a CrossFit since I don't know the setup. But my point is you can set up a system to charge batteries with the inverter off.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Not many Transit-based Crossfits out there, but it seems many more Transit "b's" are on the way from various manufacturers. As far as your specific model, leaving the inverter "off" is best, so long as the charger portion will keep the batteries at a proper float voltage. This is an important step you need to verify by past observation, documentation, or a call to Coachmen.

Again, not familiar with your model, but you're in Minnesota so you'll need to properly winterize the water pipes and tanks by draining and blowing out and/or adding the proper amount of RV antifreeze.
I have a 2019 Crossfit and am in Minnesota, but it doesn't have an inverter and is not one of the Lithium models.

You'll want to leave it plugged in to 120v so that the built-in converter can keep the batteries charged over winter. I believe that allies no matter what battery type.

As rowiebowie indicates, you'll have to winterize the plumbing.
@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:02 AM   #6

Thanks to all for your responses to my winterizing questions. I appreciate the comments.
Sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
Platinum Member

There is a very active Crossfit/Beyond Facebook group, where owners share lots of tips and information. Coachmen, although not officially associated with it, does monitor it.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Do not forget the starting battery for the engine, as it is not connected to the coach charger. You can find a 2 amp float charger at Harbor Freight for about $5 and connect it to the starter battery with another 120v cord. This will keep the starter battery fully charged until spring. Just disconnect if you use the van.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote