Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
Lou
Platinum Member

Default Thanks for battery help, made a choice.

Thanks for the advice. We had a lot of trouble finding batteries people mentioned, even Trojan which I thought you could buy anywhere. Plus no-one wanted to say the prices online or on the phone. However, that led us to Battery World right in this city. The people there were very helpful. The other places we went didn't seem to know anything about the products they were selling.
We ended up buying a Haze 12 volt 92 amp AGM (deep cycle) battery. I hope it will be okay as we need a new battery now. ($225 Can. about $171 in US$)
We also bought the portable solar set up (Sungold) that we saw a number of people using on our beach holiday. It is a small 60 watt folding solar panel with case and controller so everything needed was part of the deal. ($280.00 Canadian, probably $213.00 US). I know we will need a strong chain and locks. We only need a tiny charge to keep our LED lights and water pump going so it seemed like a reasonably priced way to experiment with solar. I'm guessing we may not cart it around while doing our usual travelling. We'll likely only take it if we are going to park somewhere for a few days.
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:10 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Great price on the battery. I took a quick look at Haze website www.hazebatteryusa.com & they have lots of info posted re: their batteries.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
Lou
Platinum Member

Thanks, I had never heard of Haze before. We want a new battery before we go out again and I was getting fed up with unsuccessful looking. The person at Battery World is the first salesperson we met that obviously knew about what he was selling. We took his advice so I hope we did the right thing.
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote