Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #1

Default Wiring For Brake Controller

Hi all. We just purchased a new 2019 Pleasure Way Plateau TS motor home on a 2018 MB chassis. We will be taking delivery of the unit next week. I will be towing a cargo trailer containing a couple of motorcycles and need to install a proportional brake controller. The cargo trailer has electric brakes. I have owned Tekonsha controllers in the past and plan to stick with that brand. I see that Tekonsha makes a plug and play wiring harness (PN # 3063-P)for the MB Sprinter. My question is this...

Does the 2018 Sprinter 3500XD come pre-wired to plug in a Tekonsha brake controller or do I need to purchase the wiring harness? Thanks in advance.
Luke Warmwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Does your PWPTS/2018MB Sprinter have the factory installed trailer hitch? If yes, there is a prewired green connector located in the seat box under the driver's seat. It plugs directly into the harness you mentioned.

It's discussed in detail here: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49355
Old 12-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #3

Yes it does have the factory hitch. I have gone ahead and ordered the 3063-P wiring harness and a Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller. Thanks for the assistance.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #4

So, some say you have to remove the drivers seat to access the factory green plug. Others say you don't. Has anyone actually accessed the plug without removing the seat? How difficult was it? Any tips?