Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #1

Default 2002 R-vision Trail Lite dash button

There is a blue button on the console that we can't figure out what it's for. We did not get a manual with the RV.
IMG_20210418_113430868.jpg
JRaeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaeL View Post
There is a blue button on the console that we can't figure out what it's for. We did not get a manual with the RV.
Attachment 11375
Welcome to the forum JRaeL!

An R-Vision owner can help you better than me, and I'm assuming you've pressed the button with someone standing outside your rv to see if any lights come on.

Some rv's have a dash switch that momentarily connects the coach batteries with the engine batteries to allow an internal "jump-start" in instances when your engine battery dies.

Does the rocker switch stay in the up and down position, or does it return to the down position once you release it? Does it light up? When pushing it can you hear any clicking under the hood near your battery isolator?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #3

the switch stays up when pushed, lights up and there is no sound when pushed. there is a different switch for the battery charge.
JRaeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #4

Default none on mine

I have a more or less factory 2002 R-vision Trail Lite 211 Class B+ gas Chevy and there is no switch near there. That switch seems to be on your center console above the bin, not the actual chassis dashboard.
I do have the Emergency Start switch just mentioned right next to a generator start switch and they do not look iike yours, and they are in a location lower and to the left more.
If your light is an LED not a filament type bulb, then those were not available in 2002, I believe, making me think it was an add on by a previous owner.

In your situation, I would look for some after-market device, mostly likely 12 volt, possible removed leaving nothing but some screw holes and the end of the wire, that would need such a non-momentary on-off switch: backup camera or outside lights, fog, spot, decorative (look at night), a light for the bin or a map light, GPS, TPMS, underhood light, fan, electric steps, stereo in back. You could look at the wire and see if it has a label, its color coding and if it is thin or heavy guage, giving your more guidance.

Please let us know what you discover. Good luck!
worksforme is offline   Reply With Quote