Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2020, 04:41 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default 2020 Leisure Travel Unity 24MB or Regency Ultra 24MB?

We are looking to upgrade to a class B+ now and have narrowed it down to these two units. They are almost identical in their floorplan. a few differences are one being the Unity is hard to find at a dealer and has a 12 to 18 months waiting time compare to the Ultra which also is not readily available but only has a 2 to 6 months waiting time. Not in any hurry to purchase one so wait time is not a factor.

Have watch all the videos available on these 2 rigs and I have to wait till they are available at a dealer when 1 comes in as a pre orders to visually see them.

Just need to know what these RV owners have to say about them and what they paid for them. Appreciate all the info you can provide; thanks.
Abn1SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Abn, If you are a Facebook user, join the group Leisure Travel Vans Enthusiasts https://www.facebook.com/groups/ltvrv . This comparison between LTV Unity and Regency Ultra has been discussed.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
Silver Member

Thanks for that advice...will do!
Old 10-14-2020, 03:17 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I have nothing but good to say about Leisure Travel. Wonderful people and top quality product. I know nothing about Regency, but would check out the discussions on Facebook. It seems a good product too, but have never seen one.

I was of the impression that LTV's wait list had shortened, but these times are odd. It may have built back up. If you were anywhere near Minnesota, I'd send you to Lake Region RV. They have a very good relationship with the LTV Factory.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #5
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I have nothing but good to say about Leisure Travel. Wonderful people and top quality product. I know nothing about Regency, but would check out the discussions on Facebook. It seems a good product too, but have never seen one.

I was of the impression that LTV's wait list had shortened, but these times are odd. It may have built back up. If you were anywhere near Minnesota, I'd send you to Lake Region RV. They have a very good relationship with the LTV Factory.
Thanks for the info. I found a Regency to look at in Atlanta. Probably will take a ride there and check that one out. The unit has already been sold but will not be picked up till Saturday.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Which model of the Unity are you looking at when comparing to the Regency?
elayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #7
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elayjay View Post
Which model of the Unity are you looking at when comparing to the Regency?
Looking at the Unity MB and/or the FX. I went and looked at the Regency Ultra the other day and was not impressed with the quality of work. It's actually a clone of the LTV Unity but the hinges, compartment and material used in the Regency is not the same caliber. Also the Unity has storage spaces underneath their side out and the Regency has only panels underneath their slide out.

Got to look at a LTV Wonder just to compare the workmanship since they are about the same as the Unity but with a slide out and their workmanship was much better. I just don't like the 12-18 months wait to get a Unity from the time you order one plus you have to put a $5k to $10k deposit and if there is a price increase before you get it, you have to eat it or cancel and forfeit your deposit. Fairly used ones are hard to find and when you do, they want top dollars.

Anyway, did see a Renegade Vienna that caught my eye. Good workmanship and nice floor plans. Researching that one now to see if would fit our criteria.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #8

If you want more video to view check out the CreativityRV YouTube channel. She owned a Unity MB and didn’t keep it very long. One more perspective.
DLandFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLandFan View Post
If you want more video to view check out the CreativityRV YouTube channel. She owned a Unity MB and didn’t keep it very long. One more perspective.
She is pretty much the only owner of a LTV product that you can find who had issues. And I found her issues... odd. Mostly the problem was her dealer.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #10

Also check out the Pleasure-Way Plateau XLMB. This is also a Canadian made unit with a Murphy bed but no slide out. We have one and are very pleased with the build quality and the design features. Check it out on line and go to several Facebook groups for owner’s honest opinions and comments.
If you get to see some of these manufacturers’ units, knock on the walls and cabinets and take a close look at the build.
Having been through both LTV and P-W manufacturing plants, I would recommend both.
Trekker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:00 AM   #11
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLandFan View Post
Thanks; I checked her videos out...appreciate you letting me know.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:00 AM   #12
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker1 View Post
Also check out the Pleasure-Way Plateau XLMB. This is also a Canadian made unit with a Murphy bed but no slide out. We have one and are very pleased with the build quality and the design features. Check it out on line and go to several Facebook groups for owner’s honest opinions and comments.
If you get to see some of these manufacturers’ units, knock on the walls and cabinets and take a close look at the build.
Having been through both LTV and P-W manufacturing plants, I would recommend both.
Will do; thanks for the info.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #13
Silver Member

Well we have found and looked at several Unitys, Ultras, Viennas and several other models.

We didn't like the quality of the work on the Regency Ultras.

The Leisure Travel Unity are nice and are built with quality, however we find that even with a slide out, there's not much more room in the living area.

The Renegade Vienna looks like it's built with quality parts and has more room in their interior living areas.

We went by the Coach House factory and took their factory tour and was impressed with their coaches but man, are they expensive!

So at this time, looks like we are going to see if we can find a used late model Renegade Vienna or a Coach House.