Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2020, 04:12 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default 2021 Ethos Entegra Class B+

We have been looking at the 2021 Ehtos Entegra Class B+ online. It appears to be a well equipped RV. LaMesa has one for 89K. Does anyone out there own one?

https://www.entegracoach.com/motorhomes/ethos/
Roadtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Your link appears to show a larger traditional B, not a B+, unless my eyes are cheating me. Are you looking at the twin bed layout? (The other has a serious logistical flaw in that you have to stow the bed to use the galley. It appears to be more of an enhanced travel van than a true camping van.)

Rear baths are typically roomier and make for a space efficient layout, but they also make the rear cargo doors less useful for views and access to storage. We have a rear bed with storage under. My wife loves to use it as a day lounge with the doors open wide. I like accessing my tools without going in and out of the camper.

I know nothing of the company or build quality, and I didn’t look closely at the mechanical and electrical specifications.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Looks like a traditional B, not a B+, unless my eyes are cheating me. Are you looking at the twin bed layout? (The other has a serious logistical flaw in that you have to stow the bed to use the galley. It appears to be more of an enhanced travel van than a true camping van.)

Rear baths are more space efficient, but they make the rear cargo doors less useful for views and access to storage.

I know nothing of the company or build quality, and I didn’t look closely at the mechanical and electrical specifications.
We are looking at the twin bed version and an enhanced van for travel.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoad View Post
We are looking at the twin bed version and an enhanced van for travel.
Yes, the twin bed model could double as an enhanced travel van (by which I meant day use only with onboard toilet and eating). But only for two people.

The other seats four for travel, but really isn’t well-suited for overnight camping.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:55 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Jayco took over Entegra in 2008, but it doesn't mention the fact that Jayco has since been taken over by Thor. While Jayco had a good reputation, Thor does not.

The twin model is the same floor plan as Winnebago Travato. I would compare the two carefully. Winnebago is probably a more dependable company at this point, and this is the first year for Entegra to make a Class B. They have been Class A builders mainly. (I gleaned this from the website)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:13 AM   #6
Bronze Member

Jon in Az and mumkin,
I appreciate your helpful information!
Old 12-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #7
Gold Member

At least one person on the Thor Sequence & Tellaro O&W FB page has an Ethos. There are few threads over there about it.

It is definitely a Class B, based on Promaster 3500. It is very similar to the Thor L/LT floorplan (also Travato K, Coachmen Nova RB, etc...) but it is made in an Entegra plant in Middlebury IN, not terribly far from the Thor plant that makes the Sequence & Tellaro. Also see this forum thread: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...lan-11429.html
Old 12-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInWoods View Post
At least one person on the Thor Sequence & Tellaro O&W FB page has an Ethos. There are few threads over there about it.

It is definitely a Class B, based on Promaster 3500. It is very similar to the Thor L/LT floorplan (also Travato K, Coachmen Nova RB, etc...) but it is made in an Entegra plant in Middlebury IN, not terribly far from the Thor plant that makes the Sequence & Tellaro. Also see this forum thread: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...lan-11429.html
I appreciate your info.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #9
Bronze Member

It seems that the Ethos comes only in one exterior color.
CalVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:14 PM   #10

I've owned the same Entegra Ethos for about three months. It spent many weeks in the shop because of a defective refrigerator. A replacement refrigerator does not work on DC power so will be going in the shop again.

I love the way it drives although it feels strange to sit so high up. When we hit about 45 mph and wish to go quicker, it seems to take a while to get up to 70, but if we accelerate straight to 70mph, it is responsive.

I found documentation lacking. I saw something about the Showermiser in the two-page brochure, but forgot about it when I read the manual. You'll find that there is a 3-way shower knob. One runs the water, one stops the water, and the third cycles the hot water without any water coming out so that when you turn the knob back on, the water is instantly hot. Huge water saver feature in that you don't get reblasted with cold water.

Solar panel settings in the Firefly display console are not documented. Entegra told me to contact Firefly. GoPower told me to contact Firefly. Firefly does not respond. If you do purchase the unit, copy/record what settings came pre-programmed on the five screens. Then, if you post here, I'll virtual high-five you. I desperately would like to know the settings.

First thing we did was remove the Thule bike rack and discovered that the brackets had worn the paint away down to bare metal. Rubber washers would have been nice.

The generator powers the A/C nicely.

I don't regret the purchase but wish Entegra had documented settings and features better.

Enjoy!
birdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:40 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdgs View Post
I've owned the same Entegra Ethos for about three months. It spent many weeks in the shop because of a defective refrigerator. A replacement refrigerator does not work on DC power so will be going in the shop again.

I love the way it drives although it feels strange to sit so high up. When we hit about 45 mph and wish to go quicker, it seems to take a while to get up to 70, but if we accelerate straight to 70mph, it is responsive.

I found documentation lacking. I saw something about the Showermiser in the two-page brochure, but forgot about it when I read the manual. You'll find that there is a 3-way shower knob. One runs the water, one stops the water, and the third cycles the hot water without any water coming out so that when you turn the knob back on, the water is instantly hot. Huge water saver feature in that you don't get reblasted with cold water.

Solar panel settings in the Firefly display console are not documented. Entegra told me to contact Firefly. GoPower told me to contact Firefly. Firefly does not respond. If you do purchase the unit, copy/record what settings came pre-programmed on the five screens. Then, if you post here, I'll virtual high-five you. I desperately would like to know the settings.

First thing we did was remove the Thule bike rack and discovered that the brackets had worn the paint away down to bare metal. Rubber washers would have been nice.

The generator powers the A/C nicely.

I don't regret the purchase but wish Entegra had documented settings and features better.

Enjoy!
Welcome to the forum birdgs!

Disappointing to hear of your problems with your Ethos.

Sounds like it may be wired wrong. Some compressor fridge models from a different manufacturer were being reversed wired during installation. Don't know why yours would be, but worth having a dealer check.

It's easy to remove the fridge (usually only 4 screws and the units don't weight much), so diagnosis shouldn't be that hard.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum birdgs!

Disappointing to hear of your problems with your Ethos.

Sounds like it may be wired wrong. Some compressor fridge models from a different manufacturer were being reversed wired during installation. Don't know why yours would be, but worth having a dealer check.

It's easy to remove the fridge (usually only 4 screws and the units don't weight much), so diagnosis shouldn't be that hard.
Thank you for your help. After hours of troubleshooting over many days, your comments made me think that the one place I had not tested was the 7 or 8 wire connections to the back of the refrigerator. After taking a picture of the wiring, I removed every connection and tested with my volt meter. The voltage entering the refrigerator as it was turned off was 12.45V. I reconnected each wire where they were, and it did not turn on. So I pressed all connections in firmly and heard a click, like one of the connections was not firmly seated even though all looked connected. Now, the refrigerator has been running 90 minutes off of DC power with no issues at all. The only thing not happening now is the LED isn't coming on. Tomorrow, I'll reseat all connections again and am sure it will come on. Thank you very much!
birdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Even the blind goose can occasionally find a kernel of corn. If my suggestion in some way led to your problem's resolution, then all credit to you for giving it a try.

I bought my van used and way out of warranty, so I always try and resolve problems on my own. Not only save money, but to avoid the aggravation of taking it into a shop with often marginally competent staff. Being retired helps the time investment and I decided it somethings broke, how much damage can I really do trying to fix it myself? And believe me, plenty of things have gone wrong, resulting in having developed an intimate familiarity with my rv.

Your case, even though you have factory warranty, is not that much different for the reasons I've stated (minus the saving money part). As you gain valuable knowledge trouble-shooting problems yourself, you will also gain confidence that you can tend to issues that might otherwise end (or prevent) a trip.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote