Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Calif RV Show & 2016 P-Way B+ Models

Just went to the California RV Show last month for my wife to see RV's (she had never set foot in one prior). Found out that what is said about buying new RV's there is true. It's the premier manufacturer's show and the discounts are huge!

We weren't there to buy, but the size, dry bath, and quality of the Pleasure-Way's B+ models (there were 4 to choose from: Plateau XL, Prestige, and both floorplans of the Pursuit), were great and the prices on the discontinued Prestige and Pursuit models were even greater. We bought a new 2015 Prestige with an MSRP of $114077 for $75k out-the-door from GiantRV!

Unfortunately, what I just said is true for 2016. There are no other alternatives for Class B+ Pleasure-Ways than the Plateau XL. We saw that as a little pricy for us with the Mercedes-Benz cutaway chassis. We are, however, envious of the murphy bed. Hope there is eventually a North American chassis added as an alternative.
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray B View Post
............ We bought a new 2015 Prestige with an MSRP of $114077 for $75k out-the-door from GiantRV!..............
I think $75k for a Prestige is a excellent deal.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

The Transit chassis is coming right along. You'll soon see all the smaller class C's and so called B+'s being made on those also from most makers, WGO, Thor, Leisure Travel, and I'm sure Pleasureway sooner than later

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
Platinum Member

There should be some "deals" on the older/leftover units as the new Transit based models roll out. Whether an orphan or obsoleted model is a good deal or not is subject to debate. In my view, they are a year old, outmoded unit, so naturally they are worth alot less. The used ones will probably take an elevated hit in value too.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote