Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
Yep, and I've done enough tent stuff all around the world. Even tent camped in the snow! Have to thank all of you for supporting me during my active military duty time!!!

Thank you for your service and for enduring living conditions that, if experienced by the worst criminals in our prisons, would have been deemed inhumane.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:00 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Time to copywrite a new and innovative RV THAT DOES IT ALL!!!!!

The soon to be released ALPHABET.......40' long inside but fits in a single parking spot! [emoji38]
I am looking to pick up a slightly used Tardis for easy parking in the city..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

Unfortunately a telephone booth is something that would stand out as really strange in today's cities. When was the last time you saw one?
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #23
Platinum Member

You could substitute telephone booth with HB, it could be called B-HB (I need to apply for exclusive trade name rights). In some areas HB would be inconspicuous, almost stealth. Additional benefit would be waterless flushing .
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:31 AM   #24
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileCabin View Post
I am looking to pick up a slightly used Tardis for easy parking in the city..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

Unfortunately a telephone booth is something that would stand out as really strange in today's cities. When was the last time you saw one?
I’m thinking I’ve seen one of those, or the US version, in San Dimas, CA? A guy named Bill driving?
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Smile

You buy whatever makes you a happy Camper. It's not important what I say or what you think is correct. Think whatever you want about the issue of the "PLUS". The simple fact is the vehicle standards and the PLUS is not shown. A class B-PULS is a true Class C. haha no joking here folks, but keep trying, you may want to get some politicians in on this as it would make for a better JOKE. SOME RV SALESPEOPLE, Don't know an RV from an RV Park and well sell you what you want to hear.

Change the STANDARDS, to get you a dollar off license fee. haha, what a joke.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:08 PM   #26

Even before Covid we purchased what apparently is regarded herein as a class B+. After 60 years of RVs and tents, we bought it to provide a comfortable driveway habitat when we visit our grandchildren. Covid came along and it now fulfills the role of a traveling isolation chamber, while still functioning simultaneously as previously planned. I've enjoyed each and every RV I've ever owned. I started tent camping in Florida when I was 9 years old, and even spent 5 years as a Scoutmaster. We graduated to a pop-up camper as the family came along and we made a 5,000 mile trip around the U.S. with the pop-up in '79. Since then, we've owned travel trailers and both Class C and A motorhomes. To attempt "fine-tuning" the differences between units, and then further fine-tuning the differences between the Owners of the units, is rather laughable! Whatever floats your boat is all that really matters. There are far more items in common between RVs, and RVers, than there are differences - and yes that commonality includes teardrops all the way up to Provost motorhomes!
Crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #27

Ohhh! Thanks for mentioning the socializing aspect. As a lifelong tent camper contemplating my first small RV purchase I need to think about what I’ll do outside and inside. I’ll be living in my camper in the high desert of southeastern Idaho where the weather can be brutal so I need to plan accordingly, but I think I’ll always want to rub elbows with the tent community.
susanlindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I kinda do care. RV classifications are based on structure, not size. To do otherwise undermines the whole point of classifications.

You can call a lion a cat, even though it’s much larger than a house cat, but you wouldn’t call a small dog a cat just because it’s the same size...

I know... this cat’s already out of the bag. And long gone.
I agree with the structure comment. I didn’t want a class c or b+ because I like the idea of the auto OEM making the shell. As opposed to an RV manufacturer making the shell. This is because auto manufacturing is at least 30 years more advanced than RV manufacturing and I wanted to get something with a structurally sound shell.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote