Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Dario's Modifications

Thanks Dario (B-Plus on RV.net) I got the photos. My jacks are manual, not electric like yours. I like your idea of using angle iron. That will give me more options where to put them.

Thanks again for sending the photos.

Dario's Photos (and commentary)

Dario's rigs. RV's on plywood because of new 65x40 driveway

Scissor Jack:
Looking at it from the pass side , seeing end of motor.

Looking from the driver side.
Notice the thickness of the angle iron? I had to increase it from 3/8 to 1/2 inch.
Notice how the top of the jack extends over the angle iron, I had a 6x8 plate welded in the middle of the angle iron to capture the whole top of the jack so I could bolt to it.

See the plate that I was talking about that I had welded on?

Top of jack attached to the welded plate

Looking from under the jack

Mark ,here is my 1st attempt with the manual jack, the plate was not thick enough it started to bow under stress.

If you look under the frame rails you will see holes already in the frame, I did not have to drill the frame,I just lined up the angle iron and drill hole to correspond to the ones in the frame.
I bought a toggle switch to raise and lower the jack, as I stated it lifts the RV right off of the ground with no strain at all. Just make sure you center the jack on the angle iron. The jack has a pretty good size footprint, and its solid as a rock when lifted. I just use it to level and I have never had to lift it all the way off the ground Rving, but it's nice to know that I could If I needed to change a tire in an emergency.
I found that the manual jackset-up that I tried 1st works, but boy did it give me a good work-out.
Good luck, if you need anymore info just let me know.

I will send you a picture of a Volt meter that Installed to monitor both the chassis and coach battery with a toggle switch.

Here is a pic of the shower door I installed in place of a curtain.

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
Platinum Member

from Dario:

Quote:
Markopolo, I updated my Volt meter to LED fro LCD so I could see it in the dark, I installed the LCD volt meter in my new Roadtrek only because I had it because ,I don't really RV overnight in the Roadtrek but I had it so I used it.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:33 AM   #3
g1g
Platinum Member

Where did you get the volt meter? I like that.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I sent Dario an email to find out.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Mark I got both meters , (LCD and an LED ) from Martelmeters.com. I like the LED better. They are around $45.00 per meter complete with the frames. As I noted I have it hooked up so that I can use the toggle switch to check both chassis and coach batteries. It has really come in handy for my dry camping and also to check and see if I am getting the correct charging rate from my Chassis, generator or my BatteryMinder when I have it hooked up in the Winter. Dario