I had to replace the skylight in the bathroom (over the shower) because it was cracked.
After removing the caulking / sealant I could see why it was cracked. Most of the screws were over tightened - some were practically right through the plastic skylight. The RV manufacturer should have at least used washers.
The new replacement skylight was similar to the old one.
I cut some aluminum to use as a big "washer" to evenly distribute the load when screwing the skylight to the roof. The roof is curved and the aluminum bends uniformly to match the curve.
The installation was not difficult. I removed the old skylight, cleaned up the old sealant and marked and drilled the holes for the new skylight. Then I formed a gasket with butyl rubber tape, set the new skylight on top of it, placed my aluminum strips on the skylight and screwed it to the roof. Then I covered the screw heads and the aluminum and the perimeter of the skylight with Dicor self-leveling sealant.
The domed interior part from my old skylight fit the new installation perfectly so at least I didn't have to purchase that piece as well.