Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2021, 02:12 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Fog/Running Lights for RT210

Anybody ever install/mount after market Fog/Running lights on their Road Trek 210? We have a 2007 RT210 Versatile and i would like to install a set of Fog/Running lights somewhere in the lower grill. Would like to know what make/model, where you purchased them from.

RAA357
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:53 AM   #2
Platinum Member

there was a vendor posting here last year offering "free" fog lights for review

posts on other vehicle-centric forums said a vendor with same/similar names were scamming

something like provide your credit card number for shipping...

stock chev front bumpers have a couple of square holes on the bottom which would work to mount lights.
LED will use less power and may not require heavy wire or relays

plenty of kits on amazon

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
Platinum Member

True "fog" lights only cast light to the sides and very little to the front. The idea is to illuminate the sides of the road to give more visibility to the edge of the road so you don't off the road. Ifyou put them behind a grill they will illuminate the inside of your radiator area.

You may actually want driving lights which will illuminate the road ahead. The actual pattern is quite narrow (as to not blind oncoming drivers) and usually goes further than your low beams.

Companies often interchange the terms, so be sure you know what you are actually buying.

Once installed, don't forget to take the time to aim them. I usually cover the headlights when I aim them. It makes the pattern more definable.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:00 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmai View Post
True "fog" lights only cast light to the sides and very little to the front. The idea is to illuminate the sides of the road to give more visibility to the edge of the road so you don't off the road. Ifyou put them behind a grill they will illuminate the inside of your radiator area.

You may actually want driving lights which will illuminate the road ahead. The actual pattern is quite narrow (as to not blind oncoming drivers) and usually goes further than your low beams.

Companies often interchange the terms, so be sure you know what you are actually buying.

Once installed, don't forget to take the time to aim them. I usually cover the headlights when I aim them. It makes the pattern more definable.
Oh, I so agree, especially about aiming them. Don't blind those coming against you. And true "fog lights" illuminate the sides of the road and are aimed low so as not to blind the driver of the vehicle for light shining high into the fog!! Properly installed and aimed fog ligjhts never blind oncoming drivers!!!
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #5

Default Fog lights

I installed PIAA 73270 LP270 Series LED Fog Light Kit - 2.75in
MARCTHOMASCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Thanks or the info.
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote