Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 07:05 PM   #1

Default Help Finding Ideal Class B+

•At least one bump out/slide.
•Euro bed on one end with workspace/table underneath.
•Recliners on the other end for secondary workspace.
•No wet bath.
CMooreTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:32 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Chances are, that's not a class B. You have to make some compromises to fit everything into a van, and fewer compromises to make it all fit in a class C.

Some of the older Sprinter based class C's get over 20 MPG with the 5 cylinder engine. That alone sold me. I've seen 18 MPG with mine, and it has the V6 Turbo diesel with all the modern diesel emissions equipment (DPF, SCR and a DEF tank), so there's no diesel smell.

But yeah, it's a much bigger box going down the road, so there's more wind issues, and ZERO stealth. So I'm keeping the little 17' Roadtrek for when I need to be smaller.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:11 PM   #3

Thank you, great information!
CMooreTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic7320 View Post
Chances are, that's not a class B. You have to make some compromises to fit everything into a van, and fewer compromises to make it all fit in a class C.

Some of the older Sprinter based class C's get over 20 MPG with the 5 cylinder engine. That alone sold me. I've seen 18 MPG with mine, and it has the V6 Turbo diesel with all the modern diesel emissions equipment (DPF, SCR and a DEF tank), so there's no diesel smell.

But yeah, it's a much bigger box going down the road, so there's more wind issues, and ZERO stealth. So I'm keeping the little 17' Roadtrek for when I need to be smaller.
Note that this post was in the "B+" section of the forum, which is a Class C without the overhead bed, so I think the original poster was looking at this larger category, and did actually post in the right place.

As far as the OP question, when we bought our LTV Libero, we looked at virtually every brand of B plus out there, finding the floorplans online, then narrowing in on the layout we wanted. Then, after that, we narrowed in on the brand. To have a separate bedroom and living area, we narrowed in on a rear bed and front kitchen/lounge. To have an office in the bedroom, you probably need a convertible (sofa) bed, or perhaps a twin bed, or a rear slide (like Winnie View Profile). But to have a true fold down office/convertible bed, it might require some custom work, not sure if there will be many options that have the office built in. Or if you are okay with the office in the front living area, then it might be a matter of using/converting the dining table into an office. Coincidentally, this article just came out today about a company that does fold down offices under the bed.

https://camperreport.com/living-vehi...mobile-office/
bertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:40 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertible View Post
As far as the OP question, when we bought our LTV Libero, we looked at virtually every brand of B plus out there, finding the floorplans online, then narrowing in on the layout we wanted. Then, after that, we narrowed in on the brand. To have a separate bedroom and living area, we narrowed in on a rear bed and front kitchen/lounge. To have an office in the bedroom, you probably need a convertible (sofa) bed, or perhaps a twin bed, or a rear slide (like Winnie View Profile). But to have a true fold down office/convertible bed, it might require some custom work, not sure if there will be many options that have the office built in. Or if you are okay with the office in the front living area, then it might be a matter of using/converting the dining table into an office. Coincidentally, this article just came out today about a company that does fold down offices under the bed.

https://camperreport.com/living-vehi...mobile-office/
That's a well designed solution for a large office but I thought it was ironic they said you would have to convert from eating to office if you used a dining table but then neglected many people are night owls on the computer but have to decide bed or office. Not that a great solution for two people with different sleeping habits.

If I had a larger RV I would make it a goal to eliminate either/or convertible spaces in my design.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:05 AM   #6

Stay away from American Patriot class b vans. Beautiful but non functional. Loud, loud road noise, van door difficult to open from inside, uncomfortable bed, warning stickers everywhere, can’t find any support for 2018 MD4 with e-manuals, videos, internet, poor quality radio, and several appliances do not work.
Steffsea is offline   Reply With Quote