Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #1

Default Leisure Travel Serenity vs Unity?

I'm looking at a Leisure Travel Serenity and Unity models. I'm trying to find out the differences between the two? There are slight exterior differences in the appearance. The Serenity sells for more than the Unity, and I'm trying to find the reason?

The salesman told me some things about how the Serenity interior is built off-chassis, and has more insulation. The Unity's components are brought in and installed after the body is installed on the Sprinter. I'm not sure if he is accurate, nor what the benefits are of installing components while off the chassis. I couldn't find anything on the Leisure Travel website. I'm going to call the company, but any advise from owners would be appreciated. Thanks.
Lakesidemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Lakesidemn, If you're a Facebook user, there is an active Facebook Group of LTV Owners. You request to join the group, then wait a day or so for approval. Then post your inquiry, and you'll get LOTS of response. Leisure Travel Vans Enthusiasts https://www.facebook.com/groups/ltvrv/?ref=bookmarks
Old 12-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I owned a Libero, which had the same floor plan as the Serenity. I chose it because I preferred the Chevy (no diesel) and didn't want to deal with a slide that I didn't need.

Give the factory a call. They are super people to deal with. Personally with the top quality of the LTV builds and organization, just choose the floor plan that works best for you.

If I were considering full or half time, I would go with the Wonder because it has the floor plans that I like best... on a Transit, which is likely easier to find service than the Sprinter... and no slide.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:33 AM   #4
Gold Member

The salesman was partly right but it’s the shell that he was referring to. The Serenity shell is assembled into one piece out of molded fibreglass before being installed on the chassis. Although it isn’t one piece it is strong and closer to being a monocoque structure. The Unity is a fibreglass gel coat on top of an aluminum frame and the sides and roof are built up on the chassis. This is more economical and allows all the different floor plans that the Unity has (and the Serenity doesn’t). The Serenity is also a bit shorter, an advantage in outside height, but a disadvantage inside for taller people. In our case we have an original series 1 Freedom II chassis. Those are even shorter than the current model due to the air conditioner being faired into the roof and sticking down inside over the bed.

The Fiberglass walls and double ceiling are quite thick and feel solid like a boat when you knock on it or walk on the roof. I’ve never tried it, but try knocking on the outside wall of a Unity or Serenity and see if you can hear the difference.
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote