Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2016, 03:26 AM   #1

Default New to RVing

I've made up my mind. When I do finally buy a class b+it will be pleasure-way, because they have no slide outs. I like what I see in the new Plateau XL TD from Pleasure-Way. I like what I see with the Pleasure-Way. I've decide on the Class B/B+ because I am single it's just me. If I ever do find a woman crazy enough to date me and if we started a family, then I would have to upgrade to a class C the Coachman Freelander 20CB because that model is around 21 feet long. With it being 21 feet long would it be a class C or Class B+?
fortsmithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortsmithman View Post
I've made up my mind. When I do finally buy a class b+it will be pleasure-way, because they have no slide outs. I like what I see in the new Plateau XL TD from Pleasure-Way. I like what I see with the Pleasure-Way. I've decide on the Class B/B+ because I am single it's just me. If I ever do find a woman crazy enough to date me and if we started a family, then I would have to upgrade to a class C the Coachman Freelander 20CB because that model is around 21 feet long. With it being 21 feet long would it be a class C or Class B+?
It would still be a C. If I recall correctly, it has a cabover bed and a high, wide body; It's built on a cutaway van chassis.

As many here have stated, Class B+ is a marketing term, technically they're actually Class Cs. Both classes are built on a van cutaway chassis, compared to a Class B, which is built on a full van body (van conversion) The Class A category is built from a commercial rail chassis (no cab provided to the RV manufacturer).

What usually differentiates a C from a B+ is that a Class C has a wider rear coach body, a higher roof/ceiling with a cabover large enough for a bed and often a larger exterior storage area. Several outlier models don't quite fit this definition but generally speaking, it's mostly the case.

Many people like the B+ models because they tend to be easier to drive with a lower center of gravity. With their lower roof height they fit under more underpasses and into more garages than a regular Class C, but usually have less sleeping space than the C.

It's important to take your time and do your homework. Realistically assess your needs and use patterns before puling the trigger. Best of luck to you in your search.
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
Platinum Member

How many threads are you going to create on this same subject?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
Platinum Member

So called B+ RVs are too tall and too wide. Both of those criteria are more limiting than length, IMO. Just this trip alone we drove on four different roads where a wide body or tall body could not stay in its lane. You might as well go bigger, stay on the main roads, and sit inside and relax in your air conditioning.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #5

Because I don't take one persons word as gospel. I have to have multiple opinions. Also because I posted this thread in the proper section dealing with class B+. As well the other post was about a Pleasure way product. This thread I am asking about a Coachmen product.
fortsmithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:06 AM   #6
Platinum Member

LOL. This topic has been beaten to death on this forum - use the search tool. Others not chiming in basically tells you there is consensus.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote