Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2018, 02:10 AM   #1

Default Pulled the trigger

We pulled the trigger today on the LTV unity MB. We are so excited !!! It will take about a year. Great experience at Howard RV in Wilmington,NC. It will be hard to wait! Now its time to start planning trips and things to put in the coach. Our sales rep was Tom McNiff . No pressure . Very helpful with ordering options etc.
EdJodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJodi View Post
We pulled the trigger today on the LTV unity MB. We are so excited !!! It will take about a year. Great experience at Howard RV in Wilmington,NC. It will be hard to wait! Now its time to start planning trips and things to put in the coach. Our sales rep was Tom McNiff . No pressure . Very helpful with ordering options etc.
Have you determined if your coach will be built on the next generation Sprinter platform?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #3

It doesn’t seem so. We did order the leveling system
Old 06-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
Bronze Member

No they will not get the new gen Mercedes. Reward comes to those that are patient!
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Your order shouldn't prevent you from scheduling a delivery date that would have the coach built on the latest generation Sprinter build which might even give you the option of a diesel or a gasoline engine.

Unless the design has been changed, what you describe as levelers do not actually level the coach. They are stabilizer jacks that keeps the coach from wobbling when at rest. True levelers historically have not been authorized by Mercedes on a Sprinter but they recently have authorized the installation of E&P remotely operated levelers. ARV now routinely installs them on their builds and will retrofit them on most any Sprinter.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosman View Post
No they will not get the new gen Mercedes. Reward comes to those that are patient!
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't understand purchasing a coach with the current Sprinter platform considering how soon the platform will be changed.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:42 AM   #7

Default New sprinter chassis

Does anyone actually know when the new chassis will be available? I see all sorts of predictions but no actual date
Old 06-21-2018, 01:07 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Does anyone actually know when the new chassis will be available? I see all sorts of predictions but no actual date
There is no order sheet yet. That was suppose to be this month. Projected date for the new plant is September the last I heard. If all goes well I don't expect a van getting to converters until March 2019. I would expect they will satisfy their major customers first and Class B converters are not major customers. That's my guess and only a guess.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:29 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
There is no order sheet yet. That was suppose to be this month. Projected date for the new plant is September the last I heard. If all goes well I don't expect a van getting to converters until March 2019. I would expect they will satisfy their major customers first and Class B converters are not major customers. That's my guess and only a guess.
Thanks for this information. It may well be a vexed question whether or not the new platform is better suited for a class B than the present one. The new bells and whistles may not be of great value for an RV application. But since EdJodi has a one year waiting time, his delivery date may well be close to the platform changeover date for the Sprinter and he might have an opportunity to schedule his delivery date from LTV for the platform he prefers. IMO, since his order is still in a plastic state, it would be worthwhile investigating and evaluating the changed platform.

Has ARV offered any opinion on the new Sprinter platform? One of the reviews I perused mentioned the increased comfort in the rear of the new generation van. Perhaps it could make the VB suspension modification less or even unnecessary.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, I learned today that while the new Sprinter may be available with a gas engine, it will be a four banger and considering the typical GVW of a ladened class B, Mercedes recommends against employing it for this application and sticking with the diesel. There must have been some interesting conversations between their marketing and engineering divisions regarding the gas engine choice. Considering the level of complaints regarding the emission system of the current diesel engine, I think for a some percentage of prospective class B buyers, it will shift their direction to Transits and Promasters. But I guess this sub-market is so relatively small that it doesn't get their attention.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Advanced RV when I last spoke to them are guessing just like us. They had no inside information other than they were told the body of the van itself would be no different which means their interior designs could remain the same. As for VB Air Suspension there has been no significant changes to suspension mentioned in the European and Canadian information and if there were I doubt it would make VB Air Suspension unnecessary (or I should say still desired) because it is a Significant game changer in the suspension.

Unlike previous NC3V models that only had front end sheetmetal modifications, you'll note the the 2019 will have front end sheetmetal, headlight modifications and side and rear sheetmetal modifications. That side V shaped indent down the sides and wrapping around the back is gone. The MB symbol in the back no longer intrudes into the window area. The wheel well trim is different. Those are all just cosmetic changes from what I can tell just at a glance. There may be more that I've missed.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Have you determined if your coach will be built on the next generation Sprinter platform?

One of the biggest functional advantages of the 2019 chassis Sprinter is the V6 diesel engine finally gets the 7G-Tronic seven speed automatic transmission.

Previously the V6 had been paired with older NAG 5 speed automatic. There are extensive discussions of the 7G-Tronic vs NAG over on the Sprinter Source forums. Suffice to say everyone if looking forward to finally getting the 7G-Tronic and its better electronically programmed shift points.

Given the timing of your delivery perhaps a minor delay could get you the new chassis (and probably much better resale down the road).
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
One of the biggest functional advantages of the 2019 chassis Sprinter is the V6 diesel engine finally gets the 7G-Tronic seven speed automatic transmission.
Yeah, I have that transmission on my I4. It is sweet.

But, as has been discussed, I would give up a LOT to avoid the nightmarish emissions system on modern diesel Sprinters. THAT is why I am rooting for petrol.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #14
Platinum Member

The 2019 Sprinter chassis configuration guide is now available and indicates the M274 gas engine will NOT be available on any extended length, 3500/4500 series, or cab/cutaway chassis.

So diesel engines only for the Unity's cutaway chassis. Although you will get the 7G-Tronic transmission for 2019 with every diesel engine.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 AM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Your order shouldn't prevent you from scheduling a delivery date that would have the coach built on the latest generation Sprinter build which might even give you the option of a diesel or a gasoline engine.

Unless the design has been changed, what you describe as levelers do not actually level the coach. They are stabilizer jacks that keeps the coach from wobbling when at rest. True levelers historically have not been authorized by Mercedes on a Sprinter but they recently have authorized the installation of E&P remotely operated levelers. ARV now routinely installs them on their builds and will retrofit them on most any Sprinter.
Correction:The design has changed. Four point levelers on the Unity are now an option for 2019.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:45 AM   #16
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
The 2019 Sprinter chassis configuration guide is now available and indicates the M274 gas engine will NOT be available on any extended length, 3500/4500 series, or cab/cutaway chassis.

So diesel engines only for the Unity's cutaway chassis. Although you will get the 7G-Tronic transmission for 2019 with every diesel engine.
Let's see the guide please!
Old 06-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Let's see the guide please!
Or you could just google it and find it here...

https://www.upfitterportal.com/en-us/tech-info/beg
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #18
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Or you could just google it and find it here...

https://www.upfitterportal.com/en-us/tech-info/beg
Could not find info on the engine options.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Could not find info on the engine options.
Did you download the Body and Equipment Guideline PDF?

Info is in Section 3.1
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote