Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #1

Default Revel purchase help

Newbie here, appreciate the help. I am in the process of trying to purchase a Revel and understand there are only 2 options, AC and the tires. If the unit has both the optional tires and the AC, what is a reasonably great price. I have seen $115,000 but I don"t know if that includes the tire option which is 3,200. I believe.
I also have been told that I need to buy now as the new ones, 2021, will be more, about 6,000, but also the dealers will not sell 2021 as cheaply as 2020 today. Today, list is $168,00 or so and the $115,000 or so is the potential selling price now. I am being told that on the 2021 the selling price will go to $135,000 in the beginning and fall as the season progresses. Is this hype or true?
revel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

The Revel for 2021 gets lithium batteries and an additional underhood generator to charge them, along with the automotive grade wall and floor insulation like the Solis and a number of smaller interior improvements including welded aluminum frame cabinets and a slightly larger and repositioned fridge (also from Solis). So a $6k increase wouldn't seem unreasonable.

But a $20k extra dealer bump will probably only last for the first few sucker sales. Normal discounting would likely return fairly soon. However you may find some good deals on any 2020 units still sitting on dealer lots once the 2021 model releases.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:07 PM   #3

Default 2021 Revel

I think the improvements with the alternator and batteries would be great, but my dealer told me very specifically that there were no changes to be made, I asked. Does Winnebago publicly announce the new model year changes. When is this usually?
Thank you for your help
revel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revel1 View Post
I think the improvements with the alternator and batteries would be great, but my dealer told me very specifically that there were no changes to be made, I asked. Does Winnebago publicly announce the new model year changes. When is this usually?
Thank you for your help
The prices you're quoting suggest that you are shopping at a LaMesa dealership (Port St. Lucie?). Don't believe anything a salesman is telling you. They want to sell what's on the floor. For their "lowest" price, it's best to buy in October-November. After that, they start to raise the prices as the snowbirds start to arrive.

Several years ago, Winnebago dropped the Itasca name, but kept the Itasca model names (very well publicized in trade journals). I pointed this out to the LaMesa salesman and sales manager, but they had no idea that Winnebago made the change. I dragged them out to the "showroom" and showed them a side by side "Itasca" and Winnebago Class A (same model, length and color). The "Itasca" didn't have the Itasca name anywhere on it, just Winnebago. The sales manager still didn't believe it and said she was going to a Winnebago corporate meeting and would find out.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:17 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Default 2021 Revel

Below is a link to the 2021 Winnebago Revel walk-through.

Until recently Revel supply has been limited due to Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 chassis availability. However these 2021 Revel upgrades are significant enough that I can see why dealers would be anxious to unload existing units before the new model hits the streets.

rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:03 PM   #6
Gold Member

Who knows after all this Corona stuff and economy tanking RV's could be a lot less in price. Or they could be double the price if people decide to ditch stick and brick homes or lose their homes. Then supply and demand could be on the manufacturers side
Brad1998RD is offline   Reply With Quote