Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek Awning Support Arms

When we bought our 2010 Roadtrek 210 Popular a couple of years ago, it was missing the support arms for the awning. Does anyone know where I can get a set of them? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
rscrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscrogg View Post
When we bought our 2010 Roadtrek 210 Popular a couple of years ago, it was missing the support arms for the awning. Does anyone know where I can get a set of them? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Normally, the end ones would be built into the awning and fold or the front edge of the awning. They would clip onto the catches on the van or you can stake them to the ground. The center awning top support and crank are stored loose in the van.

Best to go to the Roadtrek site and download a manual to see how it all works.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:55 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Default Awning supports

The end supports fold out but are not long enough to fasten to anything. The coach has two brackets, one near the front and one near the rear of the side. It appears there should be two loose support arms that clip into them. Ido have the crank, just no support arms. Will try to check for a manual online, as what we have is a loose leaf from the previous owner and doesn't cover the awning.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscrogg View Post
The end supports fold out but are not long enough to fasten to anything. The coach has two brackets, one near the front and one near the rear of the side. It appears there should be two loose support arms that clip into them. Ido have the crank, just no support arms. Will try to check for a manual online, as what we have is a loose leaf from the previous owner and doesn't cover the awning.
Thanks

As it turns out the manual doesn't cover the awning, I just looked.

This one is similar but without the center canvas support.

When you crank out it will just hand down a ways on the two arms, you then unfold the two end ones and they should have a black knob in the center to loosen so you can extend them long enough to reach the ground or van side.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 PM   #5
Platinum Member

If booster's video doesn't work for you, I guess it's always possible that the adjustable extentions could have been removed before you bought your van.

In that case I'd contact the awing manufacturer.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Fiamma awning legs are extendable and are hidden inside the awning, follow the instruction on the video.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZGR01047.JPG (337.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg GR150144.JPG (447.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg GR150146.JPG (323.0 KB, 13 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Default Awning supports

I'll check the arms on the awning. Didn't see a way to extend but wasn't looking for that at the time. Next few days when I get to where it is stored, I will see what they look like.

We had a Fiamma awning on our previous Sprinter-based Great West Vans. Really like driving the Roadtrek better, I tow a Kia Soul, so we have some flexibility on the road.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
Platinum Member

All Fiamma awnings are very similar, you had one on your previous RV so I must conclude your current awning is not by Fiamma.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #9
Platinum Member

If it is a Fiamma Awning, they are located in Orlando Florida and have replacement parts. We got our awning parts from them there.

Fiammausa.com
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #10
Platinum Member

I don't know what era RT used the Fiamma awning, but my 2012 190P has a Thule awning. Here's the tag info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200504_180803.jpg (276.9 KB, 9 views)
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Default Awning supports

I don't think this one is a Fiamma. The one on our previous GWV had the Fiamma name on it. Will check to see if there is a manufacture designation somewhere on this one.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2020, 10:13 PM   #12
Bronze Member

Could be. Ours is a 202 and I will check for a mfgr. label
Old 05-04-2020, 10:20 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I have a Carefree awning. I works basically the same way a the Fiamma in the video. A small (and I think insignificant) difference is my Carefree secures the extension arms via a orange friction tab that flips to hold the extension in place, rather than a black twist-knob that tightens. Really the same process.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:21 PM   #14
Platinum Member

The Roadtrek brochure for 2010 lists a Fiamme, but they had a history of being wrong on literature so certainly not guaranteed correct.

On edit, I found several references from users that said their Roadtreks in the 2010 era had Thule awnings. I looked at the Thule site and the supports looked to be the same style, though.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:17 PM   #15
Bronze Member

Some good possibilities for me to check soon. I may not need the extra supports but discovering the awning manufacturer should provide the answers I need.
Thanks to all.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:41 AM   #16
Platinum Member

my best pricing and availability for replacement fiamma parts was gowesty.com

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:12 AM   #17
Platinum Member

I couldn't find instructions for the Carefree on my RT190P. I could see the legs but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to free them from the case.

A short phone call to Carefree was all it took. They answered right away and talked me through it. Great customer service! I'm sure they can supply replacement parts if needed.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:07 PM   #18
Bronze Member

Default Awning supports

I checked and our awning is labeled Omnistor 5002. Checking online, apparently this brand now is owned by Thule. I wasn't able to find anything on parts or a manual for this model, only later ones.

The one on our coach has a set of scissors arms that fold out from the housing and support the awning as it extends. However, they do not proide any vertical support at all. There are no arms under the housing that would fold down for this purpose. The coach has two brackets that look like arms would fit into them, and the housing has a small round cap under each end where it appears the upper end of a support rod might fit. See photo of one of the brackets attached.

Does anyone have a manual or even the same type of awning and could share copies of photos or drawings of any support arms? I suspect Imight have to improvide with some telescoping poles, but I'm not sure how to fit them into the brackets on the coach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Awning (3).jpg (125.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 09:09 PM   #19
Bronze Member

Default Awning supports

Bracket photo I attached to previous message is turned 90 degrees. Should be vertical
Old 05-05-2020, 10:09 PM   #20
Platinum Member

For an owners manual, just Google Thule RV awning. It doesn't matter what the model number is, except some are deployed with a 12V motor. I believe Thule awnings are owned by Lippert (LCI), which owns about everything in the RV subcoponent market. Your arms are stored in the deployed awning head. I'll take a picture after the wind dies down here in FL.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning supports, roadtrek 210 popular