Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek Ranger question.

I'm researching a 2013 Roadtrek Ranger RT that I found on line. It is equipped with a ELECTRIC 2 1/2 gallon water heater and an under floor generator.

Ranger would be used for long weekend trips and as a spare bedroom.

Cold showers or fire up the generator. Water heater sits on the floor of the wardrobe, I'd have to build a shelf as protection above it it. Easy to get to and maintain and one less hole in the sidewall.

Any known problems on the water heater or on the Ranger I should consider?
Want a B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't know if it has the Eemax. If so, draining the Eemax water heater required removal of it - I don't know if that design was ever improved. Link to info: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post16759

--------------
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I own a Ranger 2014 with the EEmax water tank. I like the performance of the Hot Water tank (takes about 10 mins to reach operating temperature). The only draw back I have is that the water tank needs to be removed from the Ranger to be drained. Draining it takes a while (20-30 mins).
habsfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #4
Bronze Member

I own a Ranger Rt 2014. The EEmax water is good and efficient but can be problematic to drain (it needs to be taken out of the Ranger). I purchased my Ranger in 2016 with 30000Kms (20000Mil) and now I have approx 80000Kms (50000Mill). So far very reliable motor home. No major issues.

Few things:

- Genny maintenance is a PITA. My genny has about 55 operating hours and most of these hours were to exercise the genny...!

- I have the 4.8 Ltr engine. Although it is very economical and robust engine, it is a little bit sluggish in hilly environment (I maintain my vehicle weight at 8100Lbs total on CAT Scale).

- The sewer drain is approx 4" from the ground. Driving in remote area need to be done with caution (so far I ripped mine three times, we will not go there, just to say I am happy to be handy....!)

Overall a very good motor home.
habsfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:12 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want a B View Post
I'm researching a 2013 Roadtrek Ranger RT that I found on line. It is equipped with a ELECTRIC 2 1/2 gallon water heater and an under floor generator.

Ranger would be used for long weekend trips and as a spare bedroom.

Cold showers or fire up the generator. Water heater sits on the floor of the wardrobe, I'd have to build a shelf as protection above it it. Easy to get to and maintain and one less hole in the sidewall.

Any known problems on the water heater or on the Ranger I should consider?
We have a 2012 190-Ranger bought in 2012. We have not built a shelf above the tank. We love it. The main restriction is the design of the fibreglass side steps. They are the widest part of the vehicle therefore get care needs to be taken not to get too close to curbs. They are also about 5 inches above ground level, which means hitting a 6 inch pothole or road construction area will hurt both the fibreglass and your pocketbook. Aside from that we love it.
Sensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The standard curb in roadways is 6" high. In fact there is a universal curb detail with a concrete gutter built in called a B612 curb. Most all new residential streets and commercial parking lots use it.

B612 Curb Detail
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Thank you all for the input.
Want a B is offline   Reply With Quote