Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #1

Default still seeking guidance

have received a lot of useful info, thanx all ...

as i research further , at the moment, it seems that
"leisure travel van"
and
"pleasureway"

are the 2 companies making the type of unit (B+) that seem most appealing; 22-24', large sleeping space , No Slideouts ...
pleasure way, when contacted, explained they felt the inherent potential for issues with the slides keeps them from going in that direction...
issues , i pondered w/o really knowing anything

so, if owners of those types of vehicles have a little more to share , that would hopefully prove even more beneficial ...

tho not completely eliminating the B 's ...
the added space of B+ is a bit more appealing,
so will tend to put my focus there at this point ...

thanx
RooDie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooDie55 View Post
have received a lot of useful info, thanx all ...

as i research further , at the moment, it seems that
"leisure travel van"
and
"pleasureway"

are the 2 companies making the type of unit (B+) that seem most appealing; 22-24', large sleeping space , No Slideouts ...
pleasure way, when contacted, explained they felt the inherent potential for issues with the slides keeps them from going in that direction...
issues , i pondered w/o really knowing anything

so, if owners of those types of vehicles have a little more to share , that would hopefully prove even more beneficial ...

tho not completely eliminating the B 's ...
the added space of B+ is a bit more appealing,
so will tend to put my focus there at this point ...

thanx
I currently have a 24' RoadTrek(B), but am seriously considering a LTV Serenity(B+). I love the layout of the Serenity because the interior has two distinct living areas. It's nice to have a bed in the rear, while having a "nook" and table in front. The full-size shower is also a big plus over the wet bath required in most every Class B. I think the B+ will be much more comfortable during extended trips.

The best thing about the RoadTrek it is incredibly convenient to park. It has the advantage of being able to park in areas that say "no RVs", because it's just a long van. However, I can also park in areas that say "RV only", because, well, it's an RV. Another good think about the RoadTrek is for boondocking. It has 4 coach batteries, and with Alde in-floor heat. It does not need have, or need, a generator.

My wife hates camping, so I find myself doing a lot of solo road trips with my dog, or adventure trips with my brother. The Serenity has the benefit of two separate beds, which is a bid deal when you don't want to sleep next to someone. It also does not have a slide, which I think is a benefit. The uni-body construction of the Serenity has advantages in build quality and insulation.

I'm still sitting on the fence, but for my situation, I'm leaning towards the B+ Serenity.
Lakesidemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #3

i finally got to a lot to compare, real time, the 2 ...find the island bed in the LTV to be a big +, ironically, there were a few B 's, that the dealer had some decent incentives for Roadtrek being one of them....hard to wrap my head around paying so much for a van... relative to the wide-body ....
thanx for the input
Old 12-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
Silver Member

I have the Pleasure-Way Plateau and had the Pleasure-Way Prestige, both 22' Class B+'s. Pleasure-Way is a family company where you can talk to Dean the CEO is you want. His philosophy seems to keep it simple. No slides, no macerators ("gravity never fails"). Leisure Travel Vans are also represented by a Dean and the company is a bit more innovative in design, although the Pleasure-Way is ahead in electronics. I would rate the companies essentially equal. Both Canadian.

Points to consider: Outside of roominess you don't have to settle for a wet bath (my wife won't). Consider the chassis: Personally, I don't like the Mercedes-Benz diesel as well as the Ford V-10 we had (Cost, Fuel Availability). However, that leaves us with the Pleasure-Way Lexor and Leisure Travel Vans Wonder for future consideration in those two manufacturing lines. We have set our Plateau bed up permanently, which is why we got rid of the Prestige (convertible sofa/bed which we got tired of converting each night).
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #5

thanx Ray.... i actually liked the setup of the "island-bed" in the LTV, the best...PW does not go that way, unfortunately...they did have that really nice shower though !!!
seeing and hearing more positive talk on the Ford frame....wonder if there is more to your like/dislike of Mercedes ... ?