Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 02:26 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Sorry , that should have been "manage attachments" not "options"
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #22

Thanks All! I appreciate the guidance! So, OK, then I will try again to post my pictures of the 20K with the bed out (as viewed from inside the cab and as viewed from outside the RV sliding door).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20K Bed from Cab.JPG (162.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 20K Bed from Outside.JPG (389.1 KB, 46 views)
c0wb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wb0y View Post
Thanks All! I appreciate the guidance! So, OK, then I will try again to post my pictures of the 20K with the bed out (as viewed from inside the cab and as viewed from outside the RV sliding door).

Thanks for the pics! That really helps.
How is the foam? Looks a little thin, but is it dense?

How is the sound dampening?
Excelwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:16 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelwpg View Post
Source?
Do you own one?

I haven't been able to find any literature that show the bed size

Thanks
Source is Colin Sekal, Thor DSM.
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:21 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Had a chance today to really walk through a 20K and also do a test drive. Spent a few hours looking things over.

The Bed/couch
The cushion foam is fairly dense and has some memory. I am 5’9” tall and I can sit on the couch with my feet in the floor. I laid on the bed for a few minutes and found it to be comfortable.

The bed frame rolls out from the drivers side and extends to the narrow cabinet by the sliding door on the passenger side. It is secured by toggle latches when retracted. When extended you still have access to the top cubby, which has two USB outlets unit and would be a good place to store phones, etc.

All of the other galley cabinets are accessible with the bed extended. Looks like it would be easy to use the bathroom without climbing over your partner if you lie lengthwise. The reading lights are setup for crosswise sleeping.

The under bed storage is only accessible when the bed frame is extended. There are two separate covered storage hatches easily removed via panels with finger holes in them.

The aft hatch gives you access to the water pump, water filter housing, and water shutoff valves. There is a single point water drain on the outside of the van at the low point of the water system. The housing for the sewer hose extends into the aft hatch area,. It appears to be a single piece plastic extrusion.

The forward hatch area is very open and would be useful for storage of items you don’t use very frequently.

More observations:
The generator is noisier that our Honda EU1000i by a fair margin. I don’t think it is exhaust noise - more just mechanical noise from the motor itself. I’d be pissed if my campground neighbor fired up that baby in the morning.

The microwave/convection oven is pretty standard. It draws enough that you can’t run it on the 1000W inverter. You have to run the generator or be on shore power to run the convection/microwave.

The 1000W inverter seems a little small - I would probably change it out to a larger one after a bit so I could make toast in the AM without firing up the generator.

The LCD touchscreen is well laid out and easy to use. All the LED lights are dimmable which is a great feature. There are 4 lighting zones.

The drivers and passengers seats are comfortable with front/rear height, lumbar, and back angle adjustments. They swivel around completely. The van is easy to drive with great visibility, a tight turning radius, and a vey functional backup camera. The van is quiet enough for easy conversation.

Tom
Old 09-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #26
Bronze Member

W9TR,
Great info on the Thor Sequence 20k. I am hoping to find one to look at in person.

Thanks,

Roadtoads
Roadtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #27
Platinum Member

I think dealer stock is low but should be improving as fall approaches and the production schedule starts to meet the demand.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:26 PM   #28
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
The 20K bed is 74" X 59" That's 6" shorter than a queen which is 80" X 60".
The floor plans of all are on the Thor website. The twin bed version is 80” long but the 20k sofa bed Model is 74” as you say. The rear dinette Model is only 72”.
Bertiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #29

Default Cabinets

Thanks to everyone who has shared information. The photos of the bed are very helpful. The 20k is on our short list. Can anyone share information on the cabinets and drawers? It does not appear that they lock for traveling and just use magnets. It seems like they would fly open easily when driving and I wonder if anyone has any insight or personal experience? Thanks!
Robsduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #30
Platinum Member

On our 20AT we had a couple of drawers in the back slide out. After properly positioning the magnets we have had no further issues.

I wouldn’t put a cannon ball in one of the cabinets and expect it to stay put, so a little common sense in packing goes a long way.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0wb0y View Post
I just brought our new 20K home yesterday. Nice RV (although I am disappointed in the quality of the workmanship). As to the bed, it is slightly larger than 59" wide and 74" long. I am 6' tall and have extra room while using the supplied pillows at the head end. The bed is situated just behind the cab seats and under the two side windows - it appears to be a great design. I took a few pictures to fulfill that request, but this site will not allow me to simply upload them as part of this answer (apparently, I need to set up an account somewhere, upload there, then supply the URL for that upload... wow.)
I appreciate this post is a little old, but now that you have had the 20k for a while assuming you still do I have a question on the bed too. What do you do with the bedding when the bed is not extended in bed mode? Example, i would want a mattress topper and a comforter and not sure where those would go during the day.
mfrac is offline   Reply With Quote