Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Default Re: Winnebago Trend / Itasca Viva on Ram ProMaster

could it be like this

http://www.leisurevans.com/unity/floorplans.html#anchor

u24tb
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #42
Platinum Member

The side entrance door is right in the middle of the coach. I'd like to know what is forward of that (on the passenger side).

You can get a glimpse of what looks to be a dinette table top (or kitchen counter top) just behind the drivers seat in the Winnebago Trend. Also you see the seats are swiveled to face the rear.

The Winnebago Trend is mentioned and briefly shown twice in the following video. It looks much more aerodynamic than currently available Class C's.

[youtube:itlbr38l]0M1TYlPyvQs[/youtube:itlbr38l]

I don't know if they plan to produce this model or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winnebago Trend dinette.JPG (52.8 KB, 2592 views)
File Type: jpg Winnebago Trend RV2.jpg (70.0 KB, 2592 views)
File Type: jpg Winnebago Trend RV1.jpg (59.5 KB, 2592 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #43
Platinum Member

We might not need to look any further than a 2002 Winnebago Rialta for floorplan ideas.

I don't know where the "StudioLoft™ w/electric lift" would fit in but there are two Winnebago Trend models, the 23L and 23B, so maybe one has the "StudioLoft™ w/electric lift".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002 Winnebago Rialta.jpg (26.7 KB, 2576 views)
Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
Platinum Member

as far as i can tell STUDIOLOFT goes above the driver and passenger seats. this is a winnebego Via

http://dev.gowinnebago.com/products/201 ... tudioloft/

this is the flexbed system.

although i have seen other kinds of flexbeds in winnebegos this is the one they have at the trend site and this is the picture it gives.

http://dev.gowinnebago.com/products/201 ... ed_system/

i will not consider it if the flexbed is like the Travatos

http://winnebagotouring.com/products/20 ... loorplans/
Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #45
Platinum Member

I wonder if it is like the THOR ACE, where it has an electrical drop-down bed over the cab seats in some models.

The Rialta might be a floorplan, but from what I've seen, the bathroom that has to be pulled out to be used, as well as the water pump to get the shower working can be flaky. I'm hoping Winnebago took a Euro floorplan, changed it to add space for the black tank under the commode, added space for the generator, and added space for the A/C.

Unlike the Rialta and the VW van that isn't in production, these Ducatos are here to stay, so someone, somewhere will be building class Cs on this chassis. Time will tell.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay
Default Re: Ducato/ProMaster news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
In our small BEE Social Group we had two couples just this year, Sprinter Winnebago Via and Itasca Navion iQ owners return to Class B buying the Winnebago ERA. The biggest reason was driveability from what I heard. The width seemed to be the biggest hangup since the lengths of 25 feet was not much greater than the ERA's 24 feet. Driving on small rural roads, the narrow kind without center line markings seemed to be the biggest hangup. When you go from a true B to a C you lose a lot of driving freedom, maneuverability, parking opportunities...probably more so than you realize since you tend to rationalize and alter habits. Those two couples were at one time previous B owners so understood. The extra foot or more of height or anything greater than 10 feet is another intimidating factor. The height can keep you off places like the Needles Highway in the Black Hills and the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier NP.
DavyDD's statement here just about hits the nail on the head. I think we've finally found our perfect sized RV. We were the ones with the Navion IQ.
I also started to have reservations about the long term exterior maintenance issues with all the holes and seams in that fiberglass coach part.

The Trend & Viva will be for the low priced end of the small C market, and I suspect we'll see a lot of them in the years to come

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #47
Platinum Member

anybody know the floorplan 23b. the 23l willnot do for me.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
Platinum Member

Gerry - have you seen any images of the 23L floorplan anywhere?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #49
Platinum Member

one of the the things you posted was 23l rear corner bed-so i assume rear corner bed.

However i was in touch with lichtsinn motors. at first they said they never heard of the trend. they inquired and winnebago said this was premature and winnebago did not know that the link at their site was active. i checked it today and it is now blocked.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #50
Platinum Member

The delay is probably because of limited initial production of the ProMaster cab chassis model. There's no point in promoting a model that won't be on dealer lots for a long time.

That info is from a PDF file that seems to indicate the production mix of ProMaster configurations available initially.

The Trend was introduced at the same event as the Travato but it looks like the Trend has been put on hold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ram Order Guide.JPG (71.6 KB, 3051 views)
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #51
Platinum Member

That makes sense... I am guessing that we won't see those cab chassis until EOY (I'm guessing for the 2014 1/2 year), probably around the time Dodge gets the diesel models ready to ship as well.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #52
Platinum Member

read 2nd post down

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewto ... 2&start=30
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #53
Platinum Member

Default Winnebago Trend news release

Winnebago Trend 23B MSRP $88,652
Winnebago Trend 23L MSRP $89,268

http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2014/trend/

It's official! Winnebago Trend at Hershey RV Show. News release:

Quote:
FOREST CITY, Iowa, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Winnebago Industries, Inc. (NYSE: WGO), a leading U.S. manufacturer of recreation vehicles, is debuting several new and exciting products at America's Largest RV Show in Hershey, PA.

Winnebago Industries is the first to build a Class C motorhome on the new Ram ProMaster chassis with the world renown V6 Pentastar gas engine and 9,350 lb. GVWR, six air bags in the cab for added safety, and best in class cab ergonomics and visibility. The nicely affordable new Winnebago Trend delivers peppy, fuel-efficiency and comfortable living space for up to six people. Both 24' floorplans feature a powered StudioLoft™ bed that lifts tight to the ceiling to conserve space during the day. Other features include energy-saving LED lighting and available soft, easy-to-clean Ultraleather™ furniture. The Trend features industry-leading three-point seat belts in the dinette. The 23B offers front swivel cab seats, a sofa/bed and dinette, a large, full-featured mid-coach galley and rear bath. Two large sleeping spaces provide comfortable sleeping for four adults with the Queen size front loft bed and a King size Flex Bed System. The 23L also features swivel cab seats expanding the living area of the motor home, as well as a forward-facing dinette on the driver's side and a side-facing dinette bench seat on the curb side of the unit. Together these comfortable seating spaces convert into one convenient sleeping space. Additional sleeping space is available with the rear corner bed and front Studio Loft bed. A mid-coach L-shaped galley is full featured and has a forward facing sink.

Winnebago Trend 23B MSRP $88,652

Winnebago Trend 23L MSRP $89,268
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014 winnebago trend.jpg (43.3 KB, 2850 views)
File Type: jpg 23B Winnebago Trend 2014.jpg (53.3 KB, 2850 views)
File Type: jpg 23L Winnebago Trend 2014.jpg (52.8 KB, 2850 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Platinum Member

It is a little bit narrower (7' 6.5") than the usual eight footers, which may make it a tad more agile on the road. The Travato is 6' 11", so it is about four inches each side fatter than the ProMaster van. Not too bad, although I am still going to go with a "B" just for stealth reasons.

I do like the fact that it sports a continuous flow water heater.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #55
Platinum Member

i don't know

msrp 88,600 travato 85,000 ?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #56
Platinum Member

So Travato at base MSRP $84,039, Trend 23B base MSRP $88,652 and Winnebago Trend 23L base MSRP $89,268 ............

and the 2014 Vista 26HE Class A promo price $69,999 ............. maybe all on the same dealer lot - my guess is that more than a few people will drive off in the spacious 26' Class A http://www.gowinnebago.com/promotions/wow__112/

I think I'd pick the Travato over the Trend because I could get more use out of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winnebago Vista 26HE.JPG (80.8 KB, 3103 views)
Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #57
Platinum Member

I'd take the trend over travato because-wait for it-the wife hates Class b. way to small won't consider it.

She also hates C's-just less than b's.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #58
Platinum Member

I think the Trends will have some market. For a family that wants a basic motorhome that is fairly agile, with the fact that people can take long, hot showers (if using city water), the basics are covered. It definitely solves one of the biggest apprehensions people have with motorhomes, and that is the MPG use, and this is a psychological element.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #59
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
I think the Trends will have some market. For a family that wants a basic motorhome that is fairly agile, with the fact that people can take long, hot showers (if using city water), the basics are covered. It definitely solves one of the biggest apprehensions people have with motorhomes, and that is the MPG use, and this is a psychological element.

i have a wife that is-unenthusiastic-about rv's. we have had experience with them although over 25 years ago. I would like to start again.She -not so much. quite frankly i would take just about any kind of rv if sohw was enthusiastic about it.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #60
Platinum Member

In some ways, RVs have improved a lot in 25 years. In others, they have devolved. For example, with the price of wood skyrocketing a few years back, construction is almost laughable compared to the older rigs. However, refrigerators in newer models are sized pretty decently, PEX has solved a number of issues with plumbing, and as a whole, engines and drivetrains are a lot more reliable. (This doesn't mean there are lemons out there, but in general, one can get a good lifespan out of a rig.) Solar has made boondocking easier for longer stretches of times.

Maybe take the wife and show her some of the rigs with the large creature comforts, get her interested that way, and negotiate from there.