Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #21
Platinum Member

There's only 3 components plus the TV, at least with my system. Winegard antenna, Winegard Booster (Photo I had attached) and the cable. I'm sorry, but either your TV has an issue or there's no channels in the area. (Unles you got a defective part?) Like I mentioned, I knew I had an issue, because where I park, I always had channels, and fortunately I have an additional TV that I use, so I don't drain the battery while boondocking. It's a small rechargeable 12 volt, so I knew it wasn't the TV since both were not getting a signal.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:35 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbri View Post
Argh! I swapped in a temporary cable from the new antenna to the A/B switch to see if the old cable run might be the problem and not LEDs don't light up, switched back to the original cable and still no lights. Sole wants me to pay $20+ for a new A/B switch and shipping after I spent $75 on the replacement antenna and A/B switch. I'm not willing to throw good money after bad. I ordered a refurbished King Jack antenna for $30 and will give that a try.

Sheeh! This shouldn't be this hard!
Was the Sole' listing you purchased this one on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/sole-Over-t...a/143253294853

And did they ship you both the antenna and replacement wall amplifier in their pictures, yet you still don't get a signal even after running a new coax?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Have you checked the switch that lets you select
the TV Antenna or Cable input?

FYI I am using the Kingjack antenna and have recieved
Stations as far as 48 miles away.

I installed a Kingjack antenna on my tower at home and am receiving stations from 85 miles away
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 03:34 AM   #24

Default Need help with tv ant connection

Can someone with Sole antenna experience help explain the antenna hook-up.

We purchased a pre-owned Road Trek 210 Popular and having trouble reconnecting equipment that the previous owner had removed. They didn't watch TV so had disconnected the TV connections for connection to a PC monitor.

The A/B switch was removed, nothing connected to the round 12vdc port on the TV1 antenna plate, and black 14 vdc A/C power supply with small two ring mini connector on the 12v output end, laying in the cabinet.

I now want to TV and the Dvd player to the Sole rooftop antenna; however, I cannot find any instructions on how everything is connected and its not obvious what the round 12vdc port is used for and what type of connection was used. It looks like a cigarette lighter would plug into it.

Can someone help with an explanation of the hook-up?

Ron
romeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries electronics