Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default DTV PVR - Digital TV Recording

I bought a Mediasonic HomeWorx HW-150 PVR ATSC Digital Converter for $50 for the record to USB function (Digital TV Recording). I use it at home but it could be useful in a van for the ATSC digital TV converter or the program guide or record and playback functions. Or keep it at home and record shows to watch later on a laptop for example.

DTV channels here transmit the programming schedule so you know what's on and what's coming on later. You can select what to record from the guide. You may need to update the device firmware if the unit you buy is old stock to get the right date to show on the program guide. Response time & support from Mediasonic in my experience has been very good.

Mediasonic recommends using self powered external HDD formatted in NTFS.

I use a 32GB SD card with an adapter. That works pretty good except for one oddity. I have it setup to record 3 late night shows on a daily basis. First show is 1/2 hr and it records fine. 2nd show is 1 hr and it records fine. 3rd show is 1hr but only 40 minutes or so records. I suspect a error on my SD card could cause this or the $2 USB to SD adapter from the Dollarstore . I used two different formatters today to format the SD card and will report back if the 3rd show completes the recording.

Recording are very high quality and therefore large in size at approx 7GB per hour.

The device works with ATSC over-the-air broadcast digital TV channels. It does not see analogue TV signals based on my testing.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote