Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default USB Audio

I converted my DW's Subaru and my (temporary) Sienna to use USB flash drives for audio. Basically, the electronics look like a CD changer to the vehicle's stereo system. For hers, I can have up to 8 playlists, each holding 99 songs each. For mine, I can have an unlimited number of playlists holding an unlimited number of songs each.

This makes it very handy and requires little storage to carry hundreds of hours of music categorized in whatever way we choose. I simply make MP3 versions of the songs and arrange them in directories.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket device for either the Chevy or Sprinter units that would allow us to do this?
wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: USB Audio

Most new cars come with an accessory jack now and you can plug in an MP3 player like an iPod or smartphone for music. So we can bring along our whole iTunes library or downloaded audio books from the public library. Also with one of many internet radio apps like Pandora, Wunderkind or NPR we can listen to any radio station in the country as long as there is 3G cellular coverage. We have one in our 2011 Subaru Outback. We don't have one in our Sprinter I but have figured out how to add one. Now it is just a matter of getting around to do it. This Sprinter-forum thread exhaustively covers it.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806

Of course another way would be just to go buy a CD/AM/FM radio unit with an accessory jack on the front.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote