Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

Default XSG2NA problem or replacement Winnebago ERA

In my Winnebago, I have a XSG@NA infotainment center. The half of the screentouch is not working anymore. The technical support ask me to make some test but nothing work.Is anyone have this kind of this problem or any solution? Is anyone have replace this infotainment for something else?
Denis100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:57 PM   #2
Bea

Who did you call for tech support? Mine won't even turn on after sitting in storage for a couple months
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:03 PM   #3

support@xsna.ca
Old 04-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #4
Bronze Member

The infotainment unit in my 2016 Winnebago Era is River Bend unit and they have replaced the unit twice because of malfunctions. I had to pay the cost of labor to exchange the units. I found the manufacture by Googling the name of the company.
604eholston@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #5

Default Infotainment Crap

The infotainment unit in my 2017 Era never worked properly. Especially the Rand McNally maps. Rand McNally was very poor in their tech support and software "fixes" that never solved the issues. I finally took my rig to an audio shop and had a Kenwood system installed. The Kenwood has a Garmin GPS system. Everything works much better now. Stereo sound quality has much improved. No crashes. No screen freezing. The unit was about $750 with $200 labor to install.
KYRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:47 AM   #6
Silver Member

When we bought our 2013 ERA 2 years ago the left side of the touch screen wouldn’t respond. It was well out of warranty and replacement parts/unit would have been 3 or 4 times as much as the Pioneer unit I got from Crutchfield. It may not interface with the rv as fully but it’s got Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM, a navigation system , a backup camera connection, a CD player and works with the house/chassis switch and rear speakers. I recently saw one with all those features and a 10” screen but I can’t justify replacing this one that works great.
Nspekter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:01 PM   #7

What is the Pionner radio model?
Old 07-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #8
Silver Member

The one I installed is a Pioneer AVIC-5291NEX. I just scanned thru Crutchfield's website and they say it's discontinued. I couldn't find a large screen one that has all the same features I wanted, NAV and CD player being the ones they didn't have. One thing mine doesn't have that would be on my list now that I've lived with it is a simple volume/power knob.
Nspekter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:28 PM   #9
Bronze Member

Mine was doing the same so I just replaced the HDMI cable that connects the screen to the stereo. It did the trick.
dashriprock1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 05:34 PM   #10

Thanks you for the information. I will try next spring when my RV be back. It is hard to change?
Old 12-17-2023, 07:09 PM   #11
Bronze Member

The only thing I can think of is you will need to melt a bead of solder the factory used to help hold the cable in place on the back of the monitor. Also, it could be easy to order the wrong cable if you aren't careful. Needs to have the end terminals angled the same as stock or it won't stay plugged in. Just have the old cable out with you when you are shopping. I got mine on Amazon. Maybe I can find a link.
dashriprock1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronic, radio