Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 01:07 AM   #1

Default 1990 coachman

Please! For the love of god, tell me where to find an owners manual, and a spec sheet for a
1990 coachman ford e250 super
I have been looking for weeks...
Sooperdrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:29 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooperdrave View Post
Please! For the love of god, tell me where to find an owners manual, and a spec sheet for a
Have you looked at the Coachman Owners manual page? Interestingly there is no Class-B listed for 1990, but the Class-C mini-motorhome manual probably covers the same or similar RV systems. Van systems will be covered by Ford Owners Manual.

Here is link to the 1990 Coachman Class-C manual.
http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/14185911.pdf
Old 05-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #3
Platinum Member

You should also try contacting other owners through the Coachman Owners Association (COA) and the Coachman Facebook page.

Coachmen Owners Association - The official owner's group of Coachmen RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

https://www.facebook.com/coachmenowners
Old 05-15-2018, 04:00 AM   #4

Thanks. I have tried the mini motorhome one you mentioned and it is a mess. Pretty much useless. Has no specs etc. I really need an owners manual that has specs or just specs... I have no idea how much weight the top bunk is rated for, the size of any of the tanks or anything.
Sooperdrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
I've got the original manuals for my '95 E-250 Coachmen. Frankly, they're not very useful, and I doubt you'll find anything "out there" for a '90.

The construction is straightforward, and all of the RV furnishings are off-the-shelf from various manufacturers. The black tank in mine is probably about 7 gallons, and the fresh water tank is about 15 give or take. The gray water tank is probably about 10 gallons. You won't find a weight rating on the top bunk. I probably wouldn't put more than 300 lbs total on it... if that.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
I've got the original manuals for my '95 E-250 Coachmen. Frankly, they're not very useful

I second that. I have a 1996 Coachmen M-19 RB-Ford E250 with all the books and those specs were not in the Coachmen book. I figured my fresh water tank is 20 gallons by measurements. Just search for a gallon volume calculator and evter the dimensions of your tanks. I don't recall exactly, but I believe my black water tank is 6 gallon and the gray water tank is 14. Check the back door for a sticker and inside the cabinets. Usually they are all marked. My gas hot water tank is 6 gallon.

The small overhead bed isn't marked but I just did a remodel and can tell you it is composed of a sheet of half inch plywood for the part that pulls out. The stationary side is literally the cut away roof of the van, plus some wooden supports and two a 3/16" sheets of plywood. It is strong enough for anyone short enough to be able to climb up and sleep in there. It will also hold a 215lb man and tools, uncomfortably.

Check NADAguides for RV values to get some of the specs and the model number.
SteveNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I just looked at the owner’s manual for my ‘95, and it has no specs in it at all. Wiring diagrams and plumbing diagrams, but no specs for anything, anywhere. I suppose they expect the manufacturers to provide those kinds of thing in their manuals for all of the ‘stuff’ in the van.

In any event, if my ‘95 and Steve’s ‘96 don’t have specs in the manual, you can bet that the ‘90 doesn’t either.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #8
Bronze Member

Sooperdrave, You will not find any of the info that you are looking for in the Owners Manual. There is no Spec Sheet contained in the owners manual. Most RV owners manuals are very basic and just include how to operate the systems.

I used to have the manual for my 1996 Coachmen M19-RD Class B camper Van GMC G3500 chassis. Again, none of the info you are looking for is in the manual.

Even the Coachmen website page for old owners manuals does not have any of the manuals for their older Class B or B+ RV's. Apparently their Camper Van Division was a seperate factory and they did not maintain an archives like the main factory did.
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Did you ever manage to track down a users manual ? I’ve just bought the same rig and would love to find s copy !!
Jeffbarley is offline   Reply With Quote