Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #21
Gold Member

As a follow-up - I ended up with my current auto insurer, Geico. About $640/yr which includes 30 trips (that is their minimum), full coverage plus unlimited RV roadside service
HWDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:18 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWDean View Post
As a follow-up - I ended up with my current auto insurer, Geico. About $640/yr which includes 30 trips (that is their minimum), full coverage plus unlimited RV roadside service
Could you post the actual terms and conditions? I am very interested in precisely what "unlimited" means, and it is really impossible to tell without seeing the fine print.

Thanks.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #23
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Could you post the actual terms and conditions? I am very interested in precisely what "unlimited" means, and it is really impossible to tell without seeing the fine print.
I can't find the contract, but the Emergency Roadside Service for RVs is the same as for autos: (1)Tow to the nearest qualified service center, even if it has to be a RV service center - no mileage limit. (2) Tow to the destination of your choice - you pay difference from (1) and (3) unlimited number of calls/yr (as long as its not a lot of calls for same issue)

See also: https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance...-road-service/

My annual premium is about $40 add-on to my RV ins

My RV ins includes: https://www.geico.com/information/aboutinsurance/rv/
Old 07-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
I can't find the contract, but the Emergency Roadside Service for RVs is the same as for autos: (1)Tow to the nearest qualified service center, even if it has to be a RV service center - no mileage limit. (2) Tow to the destination of your choice - you pay difference from (1) and (3) unlimited number of calls/yr (as long as its not a lot of calls for same issue)

See also: https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance...-road-service/

My annual premium is about $40 add-on to my RV ins

My RV ins includes: https://www.geico.com/information/aboutinsurance/rv/
Thanks.

Note, however, from your first link:

Quote:
How far will you tow a vehicle?

We'll tow your disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility within 20 miles of your breakdown location.
[emphasis added]

Also, note the reference to the unprovided fine print:

Quote:
Please Note:

These are general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. They are not intended to modify any provisions in any contract of insurance. Always read the insurance contract for specific explanations of coverages and exclusions. In North Carolina, Emergency Road Service is called Towing and Labor Coverage. Services offered may vary by state.
I hope I am wrong, but I think it is unlikely that you are getting the service that you think you have at the stated price.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #25
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Thanks.

Note, however, from your first link:

[emphasis added]

Also, note the reference to the unprovided fine print:

I hope I am wrong, but I think it is unlikely that you are getting the service that you think you have at the stated price.
My policy document simply states

EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE
Pays for towing your vehicle to the nearest place for repairs if your vehicle will not run and/or mechanical labor up to one hour at the place of breakdown. This does not pay for parts or subsequent repair costs. Limit of one reimbursement per disablement. Includes lockout service up to $100 per lockout.

Note is speaks of reimbursement, not the actual doing
Old 07-24-2021, 08:52 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
My policy document simply states

EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE
Pays for towing your vehicle to the nearest place for repairs if your vehicle will not run and/or mechanical labor up to one hour at the place of breakdown. This does not pay for parts or subsequent repair costs. Limit of one reimbursement per disablement. Includes lockout service up to $100 per lockout.
Well, that's good. But it contradicts the more-specific information referenced.

If you ever are able to locate the actual policy including the exclusions and state-specific rules for your state, please consider posting them.

I honestly am not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I have studied many, many of these things, and if what you believe is true (and, as I say, I hope it is), then you have managed to uncover a product that far exceeds standard market terms at this price point. A tow of a Sprinter from Johnsons Crossing to Fairbanks would cost them a pretty penny. A large dash of skepticism is therefore called for.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundyr View Post
Is a premium car insurance worth it? If yes, which one to get?
Quote:
don't worry I've now understood everything, thanks
Quote:
Yo, you’re being overcharged, honestly. Whattt? 1500 dollars per year? From my understanding, that isn’t good, honestly . Sometimes these insurance companies are not fair to their customers. At first, I didn’t even insure my car (for over a year), then later on, when I found out from Money Expert that I could pay for my insurance monthly, I then decided to insure my 2010 Mazda BT-50. Because it’s monthly, they charge me a little higher compared to an annual policy. They charge me about 85 dollars per month, but the good thing is that I don’t drive it in winter. So it’s a cost-effective plan. It would be best if you considered changing them.

seems like posting here is a little difficult, I keep having problem idk why.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:32 AM   #28

FWIW I live in both PA and CA, have all my cars registered in PA and have cars insured in both states with Geico. My 2017 Rav in CA, with full coverage/$250 deductible is $84/mo. My 2003 Celica with bare minimum coverage in PA is $68. A 2021 Outback in PA (full coverage/$250 deductible) is $171/mo. When the Outback heads to California to reside there for my daughter to use, the same exact insurance coverage will drop to $121. I’ve also had several claims in the past few years, none my fault, mostly highway rock damage (3x), someone hit and wrecked my mirror and a deer decided to kick my Rav’s driver door in pretty good (on Xmas eve, swear to god lol.) I’ve also used emergency roadside assistance twice, once to put on the donut, another to tow to the nearest mechanic which happened to be 47 miles away.

I don’t have my Roadtrek yet but might be picking one up this weekend. I will definitely be getting it insured in CA though, the rates are lower than PA.
Daftne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:18 PM   #29
Gone Traveling

This is an insurance agent game.
LifeSputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:18 PM   #30

Hi, just purchased 1992 Dodge 350 Roadtrek 190 Versatile and in need for original manuals or any information on this Van . Thanks
WireDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #31
Platinum Member

https://roadtrek.com/brochures/ and click on your year. That will give you the factory brochure which might help you find other equipment info.
Previously: 1999 36' Foretravel, 1998 Newell, 1993 Newell
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:26 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireDawg View Post
Hi, just purchased 1992 Dodge 350 Roadtrek 190 Versatile and in need for original manuals or any information on this Van . Thanks

Hello and Welcome

when seeking information or service, try to determine what is a "dodge" question, and what is an RV issue

many of the RV components- furnace, stovetop, fridge etc are common to other RV's although the layout and connections of wiring, plumbing gas will be R/T's own

the Suburban and Dometic made components may have manuals posted online

also check the dodge VIN your chassis may be a 1991, a one year earlier chassis is common with class B rvs

dodge questions are often best put to a dodge van forum

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote