Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #1

Default Need manuals for 1989 Dodge Ram Camper Van - Class B

Hi there,

I have a 1989 Dodge Ram 250 Camper Van - Class B. We just purchased it from the third owner of it in Nova Scotia. It came with a 1987 Dodge Camper Van manual (for some reason - I will be uploading that one for whoever needs it) - but I am looking for the 1989 manual as well as specific manuals on how to run the propane line with the furnace, stove etc... (or if you could direct me to specific forums on here that would be helpful as well)

If anyone could help that would be awesome!

Thank you,
Connie
Bogues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #2

Hi Connie, I recently purchased a 92 Dodge Ram B350. It came with the original manual for the van, but no information regarding the camper part of the van. The only way I knew how everything worked was because I owned a travel trailer prior to buying my van. I could not find any manual on the back part of the van. If you do find information on the camper part of your van, please share it with us.
jeuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeuner View Post
Hi Connie, I recently purchased a 92 Dodge Ram B350. It came with the original manual for the van, but no information regarding the camper part of the van. The only way I knew how everything worked was because I owned a travel trailer prior to buying my van. I could not find any manual on the back part of the van. If you do find information on the camper part of your van, please share it with us.
Hi Jeuner,

I will definitely share that information if I get any. Currently it looks like it will be verbal to text on here as I am supposed to meet up with the former owner tonight to discuss the propane - using the stove, heat and fridge with that as well as how to use the AC. We have tried unsuccessfully for a week to get everything working and can't seem to get a full tank of propane to come inside the camper to light anything. So fingers crossed we get some good advice/help tonight. I am also in the very near future meeting up with a guy around our village who knows a lot about rvs and how to fix them etc... - we seem to have a small leak in the back door and the mattress is getting a bit wet so we definitely want that fixed asap as well. So look in the near future about this advice being added to this...(or should I use another forum?)
Old 10-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogues View Post
Hi there,

I have a 1989 Dodge Ram 250 Camper Van - Class B. We just purchased it from the third owner of it in Nova Scotia. It came with a 1987 Dodge Camper Van manual (for some reason - I will be uploading that one for whoever needs it) - but I am looking for the 1989 manual as well as specific manuals on how to run the propane line with the furnace, stove etc... (or if you could direct me to specific forums on here that would be helpful as well)

Thank you,
Connie
BTW - I cannot directly upload that manual for the 1987 Dodge Ram Camper Van (a bit too large) but have sent Marco Polo that manual in an email so hopefully they will figure out how to make it even smaller. I compressed it for free online from 79 mb to 12.8 (just above the 12 that we can upload on here)
Old 10-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

I have a 1987 Dodge ram xtra camper van, can you send me the manuel too please. I be been looking everywhere and can't find it e. I would really appreciate it,thank you

Email- fatstashpro@gmail.com
DodgeXplorerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeXplorerGuy View Post
I have a 1987 Dodge ram xtra camper van, can you send me the manuel too please. I be been looking everywhere and can't find it e. I would really appreciate it,thank you

Email- fatstashpro@gmail.com
Hey Dodge Xplorer Guy! I posted the manual in another thread:

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f2...uals-1076.html

but I will also include it on here as well. Let me know if you still want it directly in your email. I can send you a half-compressed file as in order to get this manual on here I had to twice compress it - so not the greatest quality - still readable though. It is just the manual for the van though - so no manuals for the propane etc... - I am glad I was able to help someone out though
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1987 Dodge Ram Van Manual_NEW-compressed (1).pdf (4.16 MB, 168 views)
Old 10-28-2019, 07:41 PM   #7

Hi,
I live in Nova Scotia too.
I have a 1998 Roadtrek, if you are close I could run down and see if I can help.
They can’t have changed that much.
John Ross
PS I am in Windsor.
John Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ross View Post
Hi,
I live in Nova Scotia too.
I have a 1998 Roadtrek, if you are close I could run down and see if I can help.
They can’t have changed that much.
John Ross
PS I am in Windsor.
We are in the Truro area - Thank you for the offer - this week I did find a local RV guy to help with the leak in the back window and may be setting up a series of batteries in the back to help keep the heat going (along with now working propane) so it doesn't drain batteries too quickly (The plan is to charge them on the weekends and in the Summer we want to try and set up Solar on the roof to regenerate the batteries) - going to try and get that done this week and last week - a great RV Propane guy - Neil from Elm River Park Campground was able to fill the tank with propane, verify it had no leaks, got the two burners working and the heat. This coming Saturday he is fixing the fridge so it works properly on Propane (I guess it is a bit rusty). I guess initially the older owners of the van thought it had a full tank of propane as that is what the guage on the inside indicated. (Also going to try and get Neil to look at that to get it working properly as well)
Old 10-31-2019, 07:10 PM   #9

I have just purchased a Dodge 3500B Coachmen and I love it, BUT I can't find a manual! Even when I went to the tag office, there was confusion about how to register it-is it a van? is it an RV? It was finally catorgorized as a 1997 Dodge Ram Van. But it's a complete conversion. So, my question is, how do I get a manual? This type isn't even listed as existing on the Coachmen site. There's so much I need and want to do but am completely shut down due to not having a manual. PLEASE help
BreeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogues View Post
Hi there,

Thank you,
Connie
Hi Connie,
I just saw your post. We just purchased a 1987 Dodge Xplorer Camper Van and are missing the manuals. I did not see where you uploaded your manual. Can you please guide me to where I can find it. Thank you so much,
Nancy
nhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:45 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Welcome to all you new owners of old Xplorer vans. Back in the 70's thru 90's my parents owned two and ran the wheels off them on many great adventures. I credit them with planting the seed that would one day lead to my owning a class b of my own.

I'm surprised no one has responded with a source for manuals. Pretty sure we have someone on here that has them and just hasn't seen these newer thread yet.

No need to start multiple threads on the same subject. Just keep this one bumped up occasionally for visibility.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:11 AM   #12

Thanks for the reply and the encouraging words. We are new to owning a class B or any other motor home, This one has "good bones" but needs a lot of TLC. This forum is an amazing resource. We look forward to posting more.
Bill and Nancy
nhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 02:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhair View Post
Hi Connie,
I just saw your post. We just purchased a 1987 Dodge Xplorer Camper Van and are missing the manuals. I did not see where you uploaded your manual. Can you please guide me to where I can find it. Thank you so much,
Nancy
The link is above and also see your private messages where I included a link as well to the other forum page.

Keep on vannin'
Connie
Old 04-21-2022, 03:09 PM   #14

Thank you.
vanheuke@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:21 PM   #15

We just purchased a 1998 dodge conversion van too and cant find the manuals. Its a nice Van setup from the factory.

If someone ever finds a manual for this we would love a copy.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote