Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #161
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 98
Default

2021.5 Pleasure Way Tofino, gas V6, 564 mile round trip, driving at posted speeds limits +, mountain driving included - 18.0 mpg.
__________________

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #162
Platinum Member
 
rowiebowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
2021.5 Pleasure Way Tofino, gas V6, 564 mile round trip, driving at posted speeds limits +, mountain driving included - 18.0 mpg.
You've got a gem with above average mpg, so enjoy. I'm always amazed at the mpg reports of our vans, given the added weight of our conversions.
__________________

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:27 PM   #163
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
You've got a gem with above average mpg, so enjoy. I'm always amazed at the mpg reports of our vans, given the added weight of our conversions.
Thanks. Iím very satisfied how well it does. This is, however, a small van (18í, low roof) compared to the majority of class Bís so one needs to keep that in mind.
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:15 AM   #164
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: NH
Posts: 35
Default

Just returned from a 5750 mile trip from NH to Rocky Mt. Nat'l Park. Mostly 2-lane but in much of the country I cruised at 65-70. Ave MPG for the trip was 17.4 and the ave MPH was 49. 2021 PW Lexor on the Promaster 3500 chassis.
Sleeping Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #165
Gold Member
 
Anachr0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 76
Default

Took our first trip that was longer than a weekend. A 10 day, 1700Km trip through the BC interior. Several mountain passes, and some idling to keep the air conditioning running for the dog. Averaged 17.3 L/100Km or 13.6 mpg. Not the greatest. 1998 Roadtrek Popular 190.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:47 PM   #166
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Viriginia
Posts: 23
Default

My 2016 Pleasureway Class B, 20ft with a 2.1 MB 4-cyl twin turbo diesel engine and 7-speed transmission averages 22-24mpg.
RalphAscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:47 AM   #167
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Washington
Posts: 96
Default

Unfortunately the diesels that get the better mileage have a high up-front acquisition cost. Compared to my 5.4L Ford van, I once calculated if I drove 15000 miles every year it would take 25 years just to break even.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:01 PM   #168
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ON
Posts: 45
Default MPG

Scottie 409 just got back from 15000km trip and averaged 16 mpg.
2001 Roadtreck 200 with 5,7 vortec.
Scottie409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:27 PM   #169
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Washington
Posts: 2
Default

Traveling west from Chicago to Seattle in a 2014 Roadtrek Ranger RT averaged 15.5 mg due to the 80 mph speeds up to Idaho. Was between two major storms that had shut down I90 with 40 mph winds and snow so I will take that mileage!
Nolarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #170
Platinum Member
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Posts: 3,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolarae View Post
Traveling west from Chicago to Seattle in a 2014 Roadtrek Ranger RT averaged 15.5 mg due to the 80 mph speeds up to Idaho. Was between two major storms that had shut down I90 with 40 mph winds and snow so I will take that mileage!
Is that the Chevy Express chassis with the 5.7L Vortec V8? That's not bad under those conditions.
__________________
It's not a sprint(er) (unless you make it one), it's (hopefully) a marathon.
RV - 2018 Navion 24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:01 PM   #171
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 171
Default

Recent trips in our 2010 LTV Free Spirit (2008 Sprinter) we got 19-20mpg, interstate and blue-highway driving in New Mexico, Arizona and Calif.
__________________
2010 LTV Free Spirit
1989 VW Westfalia
NAZCamperVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:13 AM   #172
Gold Member
 
Anachr0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 76
Default

We did a 2,200 km trip through British Columbia in October with several mountain passes over 5,00 feet and some idling to heat and charge the batteries. Our overall mileage was 16 L/100km or about 14.5 mpg. Thatís about double the fuel consumption of our car, which is really good when you consider that itís our housing and meals too. Our 10 day trip cost less than $1,000 or $100/day. That includes fuel, camping costs on some nights, meals, and entertainment.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:24 PM   #173
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachr0n View Post
We did a 2,200 km trip through British Columbia in October with several mountain passes over 5,00 feet and some idling to heat and charge the batteries. Our overall mileage was 16 L/100km or about 14.5 mpg. Thatís about double the fuel consumption of our car, which is really good when you consider that itís our housing and meals too. Our 10 day trip cost less than $1,000 or $100/day. That includes fuel, camping costs on some nights, meals, and entertainment.
What make, model, year, and engine?
__________________

peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×