Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2018, 01:35 AM   #1

Default Anyone else having issues using Tapatalk to read this forum?

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing issues using Tapatalk to read this forum.

My normal reading mode is to look at Tapatalk's "unread discussions" tab. Been doing it for this forum for months and other forums for years. Recently (maybe the last couple of weeks, but we've been traveling so I don't know accurately), there's been an issue reading this forum but not the five others I read regularly.

Specifically, I'm using the app on an iPhone SE running iOS 12.1 and version 8.0.1 of the ad-supported version of the app, installed 3 weeks ago.

The problem I'm seeing is that when I click on a post, say with title "This is a post", the post that opens actually is in the thread with the title "Some unrelated topic altogether". This happens 90+% of the time. I have tried hard stopping and restarting the app, rebooting the phone, stopping all other apps to reclaim memory... all the normal things that are sometimes necessary when an app starts to misbehave, all to no avail. I'm starting to wonder if there's a mismatch of some sort with whatever server-side component the site has for Tapatalk and the app itself.

Can an admin take a look at this? I'm glad to provide whatever other information might be helpful.

Thanks,
--dave
dwminnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Tapatalk is just plain buggy. Mine on an iPad and iPhone does plenty of weird things like you describe and more.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:40 AM   #3

Forgot to mention that I'm also seeing this behavior from my iPad running the same versions mentioned above.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:49 AM   #4
Platinum Member

It's not this forum's issue. It's Tapatalk. I read many forums using Tapatalk as it is quick and easy. But if I want to send a long post or reply, especially with photos and links I jump on my desktop PC.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
It's not this forum's issue. It's Tapatalk. I read many forums using Tapatalk as it is quick and easy. But if I want to send a long post or reply, especially with photos and links I jump on my desktop PC.

Yep, there are issues with the app, no disagreement. However this is a new issue that makes reading this forum in the way I describe not possible. And it's only this forum of the eight I read regularly that is having this issue. Let's let an admin chime in.