Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #1

Default Another newb.... From MN

Hi guys,

I'm Josh, just got my van in June of 2018. Had a few good trips this summer, the best going out to the Black hills for some hiking and biking. Got it out once this winter to Tettegouche State Park on the Northshore of MN from December 26-29th. Great time hiking and snowshoeing. I got 20+ inches of snow in a 20 hour span! Alas on my way home "Rico"(my van) decided he had enough and died in the side of interstate 35. Got it to my mechanic and was told the engine is seized. Not to worry I'm putting in a new one as we speak and can't wait to be out cruising around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180706_142716.jpg (208.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20181227_110526.jpg (340.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20181228_114500.jpg (306.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20181229_162726.jpg (160.9 KB, 21 views)
Jash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Bummer on the engine. Hopefully you'll be OK on the used/rebuilt that's going in.

Looks like quite a bit of shoveling. Was that up at Tetegouche?
@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 PM   #3

Yeah it was. I just had to shovel out my campsite. It was a power site and they plowed at least 4 times in the 2 days that it was snowing.

I decided on a remanufactured engine with a 3 year warranty on it. It's being installed by a shop that I trust. So if it pukes on me in those 3 years I'm covered. If it happens after that it's on me. I plan on taking very good care of this engine!
Jash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:04 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
Yeah it was. I just had to shovel out my campsite. It was a power site and they plowed at least 4 times in the 2 days that it was snowing.

I decided on a remanufactured engine with a 3 year warranty on it. It's being installed by a shop that I trust. So if it pukes on me in those 3 years I'm covered. If it happens after that it's on me. I plan on taking very good care of this engine!
Welcome to the forum Jash!

Sorry about your engine, but remanufactured is the way to go. Let us know how it goes.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:58 PM   #5

Welcome to the Forum!!

Sorry to hear about engine. I would agree that you made a good choice on going reman.

Also from the pictures, I see you have Invatech Falcon too. Just got my 94 Ford chasis September 1, 2018. Have enjoyed it so far, but need to get some time to do some things inside before spring really gets here.
bpalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:18 AM   #6
Bronze Member

Minor correction to the above post - The manufacturer of the Falcon and Horizon Class B's was "InterVec" (this was short for International Vehicles). They later became the Phoenix Cruiser company and made Class B's and then Class B+'s.

I had a 1985 InterVec Horizon "clone" made by a small RV manufacturer called New World. Very nice Class B. It had the exact same fiberglass hi-top and the same interior layout. Actually several Class B manufacturers used the same hi-top. However InterVec later made two improved versions of the hi-top that were larger and were proprietary designs.

I also have a 1984 InterVec Falcon/Horizon Spec Sheet and a 1986 InterVec Falcon/Horizon Sales Brochure. I tried unsuccessfully to attach photos of their covers. I like to collect vintage brochures for my RV's when possible. If anyone is interested in these 2 InterVec brochures let me know.

Now: 1998 Coachmen Starflyte FRB 21' Class B+
Formerly: 1996 Coachmen M19-RD GMC 19' Class B
TatraDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:54 AM   #7

If you are still out there, I'd appreciate having a copy of the 1984 Intervec Falcon Spec sheets! Mike
MGRas is offline   Reply With Quote