Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #1

Default Another Newbie

Just bought an older 1992 great west classic. She’s a bit dirty and outdated but I plan to clean it up. Low mileage 132000 kilometres, 318 motor. I believe they were built on a Dodge 3500 chassis. I’ve never had a class b camper van, only trailers, so this is a new adventure. The unfortunate part is there is not any manuals with the van and as much as the previous owner walked me thru things, I’m going to have to get reacquaint with this beast.

If anyone can direct me to finding a manual or any info on it, that would be so great.
Thanx you
BCLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLeigh View Post
Just bought an older 1992 great west classic. She’s a bit dirty and outdated but I plan to clean it up. Low mileage 132000 kilometres, 318 motor. I believe they were built on a Dodge 3500 chassis. I’ve never had a class b camper van, only trailers, so this is a new adventure. The unfortunate part is there is not any manuals with the van and as much as the previous owner walked me thru things, I’m going to have to get reacquaint with this beast.

If anyone can direct me to finding a manual or any info on it, that would be so great.
Thanx you

Welcome to the forum BC!

Someone here may have a source for your missing manuals. I hope you kept the previous owner's phone number. In the meantime, ask away if you have any questions.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Class B forum, this is a fun and interesting group of folks. Trailers have their place and can be a handful at times with tire issues, backing, landing gear. Not that all that did not help in learning more about RV'ing Life. Class B is so self-contained, permitting easier access into new cities with parking, turns, and from time to time make some hotel stops. Better at getting to that one store you would find substitutes for before.

Welcome to the Class B world which we are all enjoying with every turn in the road, hill climbs, downhill turns. Now I'm sure you have other family members you let in behind the wheel with a lot fewer worries or concerns.

WELCOME and thanks for your feedback and joining us here!
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Default Welcome

Depending on the trailer, the house systems in the B will be very similar in function and construction. Depending on what you had used as a tow vehicle a B is what would result from a mash-up of your trailer and tow vehicle.
jaak1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #5

Default Thank you all for the nice welcome

Thank you all for your nice welcome. I've been spending sometime getting to know the vehicle.
BCLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:20 AM   #6
Platinum Member

This link is for a PDF Download 1992 Dodge Ram Manual 3500:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/46...-Ram-3500.html

Here is a link tow a few others of the same model:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=1992%2...8257156BD5E98B
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote