Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2020, 02:47 AM   #1

Default Bathroom Mirror

We just got our 19 Ft PleasureWay Ascent sight unseen. It is a bit lacking on storage space so I can use any suggestions you have.
However, the bathroom is tiny tiny and has not type of storage. The mirror does not open for storage of any type. We would like to replace it with a mirror that opens. Is this possible and where could we find a mirror of this type?

Thank you.
FeliciaSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi and Welcome to the forums.

there are some Ascent owners here who might have an easy fix

that model has a "wet-bath" ?

looking at ascents online, I see that there could be room above the sink- as long as you can get your head over to wash or spit toothpaste.

the mirror/cabinet would have to be waterproof

maybe a plastic "spice rack" type could be mounted over the window?
it could hold your shampoo and other bottles.
or something mounted where the towel rack is- you can't use that for much when using the shower anyway.

you'd have to get in there and make sure that anything added won't hit your elbows

quick look shows ikea "sunnersta" plastic system which is a rail which mounts to the wall- various bins and hooks can be hung from that-

the stainless system is "kungsfors"

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliciaSO View Post
We just got our 19 Ft PleasureWay Ascent sight unseen. It is a bit lacking on storage space so I can use any suggestions you have.
However, the bathroom is tiny tiny and has not type of storage. The mirror does not open for storage of any type. We would like to replace it with a mirror that opens. Is this possible and where could we find a mirror of this type?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Felicia!

Space in all class B's is tight and in the 19 foot vans, it's even tighter. The trade off is great driveability, gas mileage, and park-anywhere convenience.

I don't know if you are new to rv's or down-sizing, but give yourself time to get used to your great new van and you will also find you don't need to take as much "stuff" as you think. In our case and despite the small space, we find we over-pack to a degree and have learned over time what we use and what we don't.

I was fortunate to have almost 5 months between the time of purchase and our first trip to "customize" some things in our van to our liking. You will do the same, just be patient and you'll find the features like your post above that will make the van "yours".

Good luck and keep us informed.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #4

Thank you for your encouraging words. After spending a day wandering around the insdie I am starting to feel better. Seems I need to adjust to less which is hard to do for me!!
The bathroom will be the challenge. We are going to try to find a mirror that has storage on inside.
My biggest challenge is that we frequently go to dog shows with two small dogs. We don't want to but will need a rake on the back for exercise pens and other equipment relating to shows. I think for relaxing trips we can do without the outsdie rake.

I have not even thought about the kitchen yet, but I am not much of a cook.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default You Tube channels

I would definitely suggest subscribing to a great YT channel called From She to Me. That couple (Debbie and John) own a 2018 Ascent and have loads of great ideas on storage and other hacks on how to use the limited space efficiently. Debbie is quite inventive. There are other channels that might give you info you can use but this one is your model. Good luck
elayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:16 PM   #6
Bronze Member

What year and model do you have?

Nancy
2000 PW Excel TD
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:27 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:

Thank you.
Congratulations, Felicia, on getting your first Class B! I can't help you on the mirror, but just wanted to make a couple of comments. I've owned 1990's era Class B's for about 13 years, and I also show dogs in performance events and travel with 7 small dogs. I've had a 1998 Coach House, a 2000 Coach House, and now a 1999 Roadtrek 190 Popular. I know someone with a 1994 Pleasure Way, and I've looked at later models. From what I've seen, Pleasure Ways seem to hold their value better than other brands, on the positive side. On the negative side, the ones I've seen have less storage space than most of the other brands. Also just my opinion, but the Pleasure Way seems like a cross between a Coach House and a Roadtrek. Pleasure Ways look more like a Coach House on the interior (still just referring to 1990's era models), but it has the windows on the front top similar to Roadtreks. Of those 3 brands, Roadtreks have the most storage. My second Coach House had the wet bath, but then it didn't have a wardrobe, and there was less storage space under the bed than my first one, so I ended up selling it and getting the Roadtrek. I prefer having the wardrobe and not having to use the wet bath as a wardrobe, which the previous owners had done. In my first Coach House, I added some storage space to the aisle shower by adding one of those mesh hanging storage pockets to the shower curtain hooks. That was just for soap, shampoo, etc. though. My Roadtrek has enough storage space under the beds that I can store 3 24" exercise pens inside the back door, but I eventually plan to get a hitch rack to carry 2 36" pens. I'm also planning on living in my Roadtrek full time after I retire in 2 years.

I hope you enjoy your Pleasure Way! It sure makes going to dog shows a lot easier when you have your home with you!

Pam
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #8
Bronze Member

It is costly but any cabenet guy can custom build out of pollu carbon. Look for a boat guy
I also assed spice draws under my upper cabs. Found these on etsy and added a small clasp I fond on amizon. Added lots of orginised storage
David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:

Thank you.
We have a medicine cabinet with mirror in our wet bath. I'm so tired of banging into when taking a shower I'm planning on removing it!
Want a B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbraindogs View Post
What year and model do you have?

Nancy
2000 PW Excel TD
If that question is directed to me I am a wannabe. But it woukd probably be a PW Ontour 2.2
elayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:31 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Sorry. No. I was asking FeliciaSO. Just in case she has A PW close to my model and year.
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #12

ElayJay - What is the YT( From She to Me)?
We have a 19' Ascent TS. We the encouragement I am receiving from this list I am finding ways to use space. Also take less. I only have two dogs now and they are small.
Had another "training session" on the front screen. Really is great if you know what you are doing. I told the fellow I would be back next month for another session!!
Old 10-29-2020, 01:31 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Felicia,
Indeed.... lots of clever storage ideas on
From She to Me..... https://www.youtube.com/c/FromShetoMe