Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2021, 12:59 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Bill and Pam from Pa.

Hello all. We owned our 2004 Xplorer 230xlw for just over 2 years now. So far we have added about 20K miles to the odometer. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences here on the forum.
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:24 AM   #2

Hello Bill and Pam. Welcome to the forum. My name is Jim (Greyrider) and I'm from Western PA. I drive a standard Chevy Express van that I converted to an off grid camper van.
Greyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:05 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
Hello all. We owned our 2004 Xplorer 230xlw for just over 2 years now. So far we have added about 20K miles to the odometer. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences here on the forum.
Welcome to the forum!

Seems we're getting so many new Xplorer members here, we may have to change the name to Xplorer forum.

I've had a soft spot for that brand ever since my parents owned two (a 1978 and 1984 if I recall correctly). They would be gone for months at a time, several times a year, seeing "All of America and most of Canada" as my Dad put it. I credit them for instilling my desire to have a class b of my own some day. It only took 35 years later for that to happen.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Default Pam and bill

Hi Pam and Bill. I too am an Xplorer owner...2000 XLW. It is the third I have owned since 1976. Glad to see more and more Xplorer people here.
drsdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default Xplorer van

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsdig View Post
Hi Pam and Bill. I too am an Xplorer owner...2000 XLW. It is the third I have owned since 1976. Glad to see more and more Xplorer people here.
Hello drsdig, Yes, glad to see other Xplorer owners on here, especially the 230 XLW owners. We purchased our van just over 2 years ago. It had 77K miles on it and its just about to turn over to 100K. We live in the south central part of Pa. and have taken the van out west a couple of times. Looking to do it again this fall. Have you posted any pics of your van? Would love to see it. Bill and Pam.
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #6
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Joe

Welcome Pam & Bill. We own a 1995 Xplorer 230 on a 3500 Dodge frame. We stay in ours months at a time. Have put in new front seats and new carpet in drivers area. Replaced carpet in camper area with flooring. Much easyer to keep clean now. We take our bikes on the spare tire carrier. Have a small clam shell trailer we put our suit cases and things we buy on road. Also installed rear camera. Loving life and traveling. Have fun and be safe!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:59 PM   #7
Bronze Member

I have not figured out how to post pictures on here. That is something on which I will work. I originally bought a 1976 unit brand new and had it for quite a few years. I was sorry when I let it go and eventually bought a 1986 that was 10 years old, but in great shape. In 2000, I decided to purchase a new wide body. I had grown tired of the drop floor in the old models and really liked the added space. It came with an electric couch which made into a bed and about 7 years ago, I had that removed and twin beds put in. I looked at other units before I decided remodeling the one I had was the best thing. I have not been sorry and it allowed for more sleeping comfort.
drsdig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
230xlw, dodge 3500, xplorer