Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #21

Don't know where you're located but we are thinking about upgrading to a C and don't really want to give ours away to a dealer....We have a 2000 American Crusier 2000 RE with about 66K. We'd like to get what we still owe on it $22K...if you (or anyone else) is interested drop me a message!
aws1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #22
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Read your HOA rules carefully and also get a feel for how they actually enforce them, because it can be selective. If I take my HOA rules literally, I'm not allowed to park my Class B overnight in my driveway. But it's actually legal for me to park it on the street in front of my house overnight (because the streets are not private - they are city property and the city defaults to state rules which only say that if the vehicle is current on registration, legal to drive, and moved at least once every 24 hours, it can be parked at the curb). The HOA knows darned well that it infuriates local residents if people park large vehicles in the public right of way - so if they hammer me for my driveway parking and I move it to the street, the HOA will get push-back from other people. So we do leave it in our driveway overnight while we're working on it, but not every night. We do rent an off-site garage as well, which is where it lives most of the time. I get to push the envelope, but not too far, in other words.
This is also our problem with the HOA, just purchased a 2008 Pleasure Way sprinter TS which will only just fit into our drive way, also legal to park on the street as they are city streets, but as you mention probably better if we find off site parking. Our rules say we can keep it overnight when preparing and returning from a trip so we seem to have a little wiggle room.
Porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote