Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #1

Default Class B'ers: interested in a trip to Europe?

'We (man ad wife in our sixties) live in the Netherlands, in a nice house, in a small village near Germany. Within an hour there are two airports espacially for budget flight all across Europe. Our house could be your starting point for trip through thr whole of Europe!
We propose an exchange: you can stay in our house and we can use your Class B/campervan. We can't offer you an RV, we do not own one (yet). An exchange does not have to be simultaneous; you are also welcome to stay with us!
In 2021 we want to make a road trip, about 4 weeks. Our preferred trip would be the West Coast, Northbound from San Francisco to Seattle (mountains and forrest). Southbound just following the ocean (First hwy 101 and than hwy 1). An alternative could be following the Mississippi-river for a while.
Anyone interested in such an exchange?
Please let us know and we can get in touch

Fred
Fredvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:11 PM   #2

Default Europe

I am buying a Class B in a couple of weeks. However, I live in Florida. I am not sure if this would be of interest to you.
Thank you
Donna
DonnaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:08 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredvan View Post
'We (man ad wife in our sixties) live in the Netherlands, in a nice house, in a small village near Germany. Within an hour there are two airports espacially for budget flight all across Europe. Our house could be your starting point for trip through thr whole of Europe!
We propose an exchange: you can stay in our house and we can use your Class B/campervan. We can't offer you an RV, we do not own one (yet). An exchange does not have to be simultaneous; you are also welcome to stay with us!
In 2021 we want to make a road trip, about 4 weeks. Our preferred trip would be the West Coast, Northbound from San Francisco to Seattle (mountains and forrest). Southbound just following the ocean (First hwy 101 and than hwy 1). An alternative could be following the Mississippi-river for a while.

Fred
West coast??

You'd be missing the best part of North America!!

We're in PEI..have a class B Pleasureway, would love to continue this conversation, privately.
Email me.
Joe
Jamelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredvan View Post

Fred
I will have my Class B next week. I am not sure if you are interested in the East Coast. The West coast is beautiful as well, If you decide on that area, you need to include Colorado. I lived there 25 yrs...Also, Utah, magic around every corner.
Thank you
Donna
DonnaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Suggest you consider a Southbound direction on hwy 1

Then you are on the ocean side, rather than looking across traffic.
And also able to pull off easily when you see a point of interest
Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:52 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamelia View Post
West coast??

We're in PEI..have a class B Pleasureway, would love to continue this conversation, privately.
Email me.
Joe
Travel preferences are individualized. One person may love visiting major cities while another may hate cities. Some people camp in nature exclusively, while others only do campgrounds. It's all just individual preferences. In any case, people need to stop brainlessly hating on the west coast. it's getting stale at this point.
dhectorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I grew up in Central Canada, visited both the east and west coasts of Canada and the US as well as middle America. I currently live in the west coast but traveled all over North American last year, down the west coast to Mexico, across to Boston via Louisiana, up the east coast through Nova, Scotia, PEi, Gaspe to Montreal, Windsor, Denver and ultimately back to Vancouver. I can say it doesn’t matter where these people go in North America they will find some great sites and people.

I have been fortunate enough to travel across the country several times both in Canada and the US and am hard pressed to say one area is better than another. There is no where in North America that you won’t find some great travel adventures if you put your mind to it. Of course I have my favourite spots but there are plenty to choose from. Happy travels!
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:15 PM   #8
Platinum Member

How about US Rt 62 from Niagara Falls NY to El Paso, Tx? I've been to both ends and various points in between. The drive down thru Amish country in NYS and thru the Allegheny River valleys in Pennsylvania is gorgeous, not to mention Niagara Falls itself!! And there is the fantastic Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico and the drive in Texas is wow! Anyone care to mention other places of interest along Rt 62 throught their state?
https://www.listchallenges.com/us-route-62
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:27 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamelia View Post
West coast??

The PCH is in so many movies and shows that it is an experience many people want to see- a bucket list one in a lifetime.

I have many European friends through work- that's where they wanna go

I love PEI, but Point Prim ain't Malibu

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:21 PM   #10

We plan to travel northbound inland to Seattle and southbound at the oceancide.
Fredvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:59 PM   #11
Platinum Member

4 weeks. That time would barely cover for us a trip north inland and then a trip south along the coast. There is a lot of cover between San Francisco and Seattle. So, ignore suggestions to see the other parts of America on this trip. Plan to relax, take it in at a leisurely pace and enjoy because you may get to places you may be reluctant to leave.

You mentioned the Mississippi River. I live near the Mississippi where navigable waters begin in Minneapolis. It is a couple thousand miles away from the west coast so you can't really combine it on your proposed trip. The head waters are 200 miles north at Lake Itasca in Minnesota to and then flows randomly through mostly forest to Minneapolis. The Mississippi is not as scenic or as interesting as the Danube, Mains and Rhine. No castles. They do have Viking riverboats on the Mississippi now as well as old fashion frontier paddle boats. That's they way I would want to see it. I've traveled most of it in a van all the way down to New Orleans. Maybe I take it for granted in coming and going from there, but I have been on the road touring in a Class B maybe over 1,500 hundred days and 240,000 miles touring North America and I haven't seen it all. So plan well you have a lot to see. You suggested a good start.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #12

Oh, we're originally from the Netherlands too. Wanted to have a trip across the US last year, but because of the covid19 restriction couldn't travel anywhere. Past winter though, we had a nice 2 weeks traveling throughout Germany. Unfortunately, we couldn't travel all the time with our RV because it broke during the 4th day in Hamburg. We had to get train tickets at dbauskunft.com to continue our planned trip. Managed to visit Dresden too, and then returned to Hamburg and went home. Our RV is still in Hamburg tho...my friend repairs it with friends, lol.
Faustoryld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #13
Platinum Member

We travel all over the US in our van and love it, but in Europe (pre-Covid), we wouldn’t want one at all. We love and prefer your robust public transportation and small hotels, hostels. We can live for months there with nothing but a small backpack. The sense of freedom is exhilarating and it's easier to meet people.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote