Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2021, 09:27 PM   #1

Default Eastern Long Island, New York - service recommendations

Hi all. I'm a new member to this forum and my wife and I just moved to Eastern Long Island, New York from Southern CA. We have a 2018 Mercedes Sprinter pop-top and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a reliable company we could turn to for repairs. We have a leak in the fresh water tank and we need to winterize the van as well. Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks.
FanMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:32 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Don’t know your background but you would be best served to do everything possible yourself.

As for the leak, chase it down and get specific. It probably is an easy fix but you need to find it. Should you not be able to figure out the repair you could get a lot of opinions here.

As for winterizing, you need to be able to do that yourself, too. Your owners manual probably has a procedure. Many are available on the net.

For professional help don’t get the Mercedes part serviced at an RV service center. Chase down a Mercedes Benz service center or someone who specializes in Mercedes Benz.

Maybe a local here will give a recommendation for an RV service center for the coach part.

Winterize it yourself.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 01:55 PM   #3

hbn7hj,

Thanks very much for the feedback. I appreciate it.
FanMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
Platinum Member

https://continentalrv.com/

I have used them and been very happy. Willing to work with you on custom mods, technicians who do the work are experienced and skilled (not just hired off the street the day before).
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Smile Winnebago ERA Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanMan17 View Post
Hi all. I'm a new member to this forum and my wife and I just moved to Eastern Long Island, New York from Southern CA. We have a 2018 Mercedes Sprinter pop-top and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a reliable company we could turn to for repairs. We have a leak in the fresh water tank and we need to winterize the van as well. Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks.

There is a dedicated ERA Winnebago group on Facebook you might find helpful as well. Doing your own work for winterizing is a 'fun' activity --beats raking leavers!!!\
JPMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eastern long island, new york, repairs, service