Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

Default First rv.... need help

Bought a 1998 dodge ram 3500 with a pleasure way pkg added to it. Original owners, it has 250k miles but everything works. Doesn’t use or leak any fluids. Inside is perfect and untouched. Anyone know what it may be worth? I don't know first thing about these. I have about 40k in repair receipts. Tires only have 9k miles on them. All batteries are new. Anything i should look for? It drives like brand new. Mainly curious of value. I've seen a few in the 20k range??? Are these rare?
Curt s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

One thing is for sure, it is worth what you paid for it! Anyone that owns an RV needs help. Everything works? Amazing.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Curt s!

As already mentioned, it's worth what you paid for it, so don't look back.

On the bad side, 250K miles, but on the good side, everything works and drives great. That is quite an unusual statement. Those Dodges seem to run forever with normal repairs and maintenenace and it sounds like the prior owner did that.

Now learn about your new rig, test camp in your own driveway first, and start with a few short trips nearby before heading cross-country. But if you still like how things are going after that, then head out and see the country.

Enjoy!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Is the OP saying he just bought it or he is the original owner and is wondering what it is worth now?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:57 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Sounds like he's selling it.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:23 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I paid 2k for it. Figured it was worth that. I really think it's incredible but don't think i will use it. Any idea what its worth? I am impressed with it. Really is like brand new. Based on receipts they fixed everything thru the years.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:15 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt s View Post
Thanks guys. I paid 2k for it. Figured it was worth that. I really think it's incredible but don't think i will use it. Any idea what its worth? I am impressed with it. Really is like brand new. Based on receipts they fixed everything thru the years.
If you're just going to "flip" it, you made a good buy. Should be worth north of $10K. Maybe in todays market north of $15K since things are crazy right now.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:44 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Hey Curt,

the title/vin should be PleasureWay Class B Motorhome

It is common for the chassis ( the dodge part) to be a model year earlier, this is important when getting parts for the dodge.

Our 2006 PW Lexor TD model is on a 2005 Chev 3500

Cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #9

The title is dodge ram 3500 1998. How do i know if camper is 99? Any idea what its worth? Thx
Old 05-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt s View Post
The title is dodge ram 3500 1998. How do i know if camper is 99? Any idea what its worth? Thx
For a camper of your age, don't worry about whether it's a 1998 or 1999. It won't make a significant difference in price, but to be fair to whoever you sell it to, list it as a 1998 if you're not sure. Others have already mentioned it's common for a chassis to be a year behind the model year, but that's never a given.

I don't think anyone here can give you a specific price, especially without seeing it in person. Even then, most wouldn't be qualified to price it with any certainty. I tried to give you a range of $10K to $15K+ (just based on your description) just to let you know you made a good buy at $2K. But you need to check the market to arrive at a price. So start looking at Rvtrader.com and other sites for comparable models.

It's almost certain than on a 20+ year old 250K motor home, something will need attention. Based on your brief ownership, I don't think you can represent that it is perfectand needs nothing unless both a qualified rv shop and qualified mechanic have gone over it completely. You'll make a tidy profit, that's for sure. But please don't inadvertenly take advantage of new buyer by making any claims you can't stand behind since you'll be selling it "as-is" I assume.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:11 PM   #11

Awesome ty!