Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Forum newbies -where are you from, and what are you driving?

Hi folks.
I've noticed an increase in new membership recently, and that's what makes any forum great.
This one is no exception, and the increased participation, and questions and answers, can only
be a help to every other member.

One thing that makes participation in Q&A posts or threads easier, is if you can
identify the area of the world you're from (doesn't have to be a
street address, just a general location, like a province or state or region) and
what make/model/year of class B or RV you're asking the question about.
It lets people that read your question or comment give an answer that may be better tailored to
where you are, and what you drive. They may even live nearby, and have very specific information
for you, because they have had to deal with the same issue themselves. Like trusted repair
facilities, or parts suppliers.

The easiest way to add location and vehicle info is to update your displayed Location and
My RV profile information, or to create a Signature that is appended to your posts, that tells
us where you're from, and more specific info about your vehicle.

To update your profile, click on the "User Control Panel" link near the top/left side of the page,
and then the "Profile" tab, and then update the "Edit Profile" page with a "Location:" and "My RV:"
and then click "Submit" at the bottom of the page to update.
Or, to add a signature, click on the "User Control Panel" link near the top/left side of the page,
and then the "Profile" tab, then click the "Edit Signature" and add your info, then click "Submit"
at the bottom of the page to update.

Again, this info doesn't have to be too detailed, but it will help others provide better location
and vehicle specific info, when they try to help you with your issue or questions.

Happy ClassB-ing,
Mike.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2

Default Re: Forum newbies -where are you from, and what are you driv

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and also to class b rv's. Hope to learn a lot and share what I learn. I'm staring off with a 1990 dodge 190 horizon conversion and hope to upgrade in the next year or two. I don't have many good pics yet, here's one to give you an idea. I'm from northern Wi USA.

Oops, I see my pics must be to big. They seem to get a quarter cut off. Sorry.

oobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
4mo

I believe I've update the location and rig sections. This is a test but I may as well itroduce myself:

My wife and I just had a kid two months ago and bought a 1995 Coachmen off craigslist for $5k to continue our lifestyle, which includes kiteboarding, rockclimbing & skiing. Its been fun working on this old boat and upgrading her. So far I've added a second aux. battery , replumbed the gray water, built a new table which also doubles as a sleeping platform for out little girl, added a hitch and cargo box, and have revamped the storage throughout to accomodate our needs. I've also got a new swivel seat base on order.

We've been out twice over the one month we've had it, the first trip out to the Olympic Peninsula for two days, the second was a 6 day trip down the Oregon Coast with my wife's sister and brother in law. So far we're stoked on it and I can't wait to keep getting out. My only wish is that it had more headroom.

This forum has been a great source for information and ideas so thanks to all who contribute regularly!

Cheers,

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0cffcfd8.jpg (302.6 KB, 564 views)
4mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #4

Hi everyone,

We bought our 1997 Roadtrek in October. We bought it to use for when we do dog events with the bulldog rescue group that we volunteer with. The onboard generator and air conditioner is great for keeping them cool.

cooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #5

I'm Les, my wife and I currently have an older (86) Class C, 25 Yellowstone Cavalier, but at 10 mpg.... i'm looking to downsize to a Class B.. a small Class B using a minivan as the base. It will be for more traveling than living in, although some trips (already mapped out in my head) we might be on the road for 3 weeks to a month at a time.

We're currentyly about to relocate from Cleveland, Ohio to central North Carolina, and ideally the long term goal is to winter there (maybe hit the beaches of SC and Florida a few weekends with the metal detector, plant a garden in the spring and do a loop (or two) around the country, stopping back in NC, to tend the garden a little, visit with family, unload items picked up on the last road trip and load up for the next one.

interests - metal detecting, Gold and Gem stone prospecting, photography, old cars and car parts, fishing, camping and RVing...

I'm hoping a minivan based RV, towing a small cargo trailer to house the generator, propane and water tanks along with other camping gear, getting hopefully around 20 mpg, will get me where I want to go, at least until I can afford to upgrade to a Sprinter based diesel that gets similar mileage, or can afford to drive a larger class A reguardless of the mileage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raised roof.jpg (48.1 KB, 502 views)
moreforles is offline   Reply With Quote