Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 02:16 PM   #1

Default Greetings from SoCal

My wife and I just ordered a 21.5 Pleasure Way Ascent. This is our first van/RV and we are really excited!

Any suggestions for managing our excitement and anticipation while we wait six months for delivery?
rvicter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvicter View Post
My wife and I just ordered a 21.5 Pleasure Way Ascent. This is our first van/RV and we are really excited!

Any suggestions for managing our excitement and anticipation while we wait six months for delivery?

Welcome to the forum!

In the recent thread below it is joked about that Pleasureway owners are taking over this forum. Maybe it's true.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ent-10800.html
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome

In 2014 we bought a 2006 PleasureWay ( Chevy) and have been very happy with their work layout/design construction.

One change was converting a tall "closet" into a pantry with added shelving and a slide out bottom the bottom for pots and pans- better use of space as I don't use an overcoat and my jacket usually goes over the seat back.

our cooking gear is all household stuff chosen for size/weight/function- a few dollars rather than buying "special" stacking pots and pans

we use some solar powered lamps for the campground- they charge on the dashboard during the day

Spend time in the driveway learning all the systems, watch videos on how to dump the tanks if unfamiliar.
We did a couple of 2 and 3 day trips before heading out for a month at a time.
It really showed that we didn't need to carry alot of the stuff we'd piled in for the 1st few trips.

If in LA free dump station at Hyperion, if has been posted that dump stations are few/far between in LA area.

If you use propane, many truck stops ( like flying J) have, as do many UHaul locations. They do a full service fill

In Canada Robertson head screws are used for cabinetry and electrical- a "square drive" bit from home depot will work, but I use Robertson R1, R2 size screwdrivers. I think they fit better ( and they were my Dad's)- handy to tighten up any squeaks- mine has all maple cabinetry and after years in the desert, every of the hundreds of screws need 1/8~1/4 turn.

Cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #4
Silver Member

Welcome to the club!

Soon enough, we’ll be running this joint.

In terms of managing the anticipation, I suggest focusing some of that energy toward making lists of what you want/need to buy and researching which upgrades, if any, you want to make. I spend much of my time watching youtube reviews on topics like RV memberships, necessary equipment (electrical cables/adapters/surge protection, air compressor, flat repair, battery jump, water regulator), more optional stuff (quick dry towels, hooks/tapes, shower mat, shower heads, dashcam, personal security items), upgrades (suspension, overcab shelf), useful apps, service walkthroughs, storage ideas, and on and on. There is quite the rabbit hole to descend in to. Start a spreadsheet, identify items, and consider snapping up items that are on sale.

I will be going full-time, including creating florida as my domicile, so I need to be a bit more organized since I have additional things to address and won’t have a home base to store extra junk.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #5
Platinum Member

If you can get the last 6 digits of vin #. You can join the PW owners group on Facebook. Lots of information there regarding care of PW. If not then join the wannabees on Facebook. Sometimes people from the original group will post on both forums. If you are in SW USA. You might want to consider the Houghton Beloise AC unit. Much quiter than the Dometic. Also increase battery bank to 600Ah lithium with larger converter so you can air conditioner without hookups. Some have done this with success!
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new members, pleasure way ascent