Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #1

Default Happy Spring!

I'm brand spanking new to the rv world. I just bought a 2006 210 Popular and am attempting to dewinterize it. However in looking at the valves near the hot water tank it's not clear which valve is the by pass valve. Every you tube video makes a point of saying to keep the bypass valve closed when you are flushing out the antifreeze so as not to get any antifreeze into the hot water tank. Any suggestions? Can I post a photo of the set up and get some expert advise???
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
I'm brand spanking new to the rv world. I just bought a 2006 210 Popular and am attempting to dewinterize it. However in looking at the valves near the hot water tank it's not clear which valve is the by pass valve. Every you tube video makes a point of saying to keep the bypass valve closed when you are flushing out the antifreeze so as not to get any antifreeze into the hot water tank. Any suggestions? Can I post a photo of the set up and get some expert advise???
Welcome to the forum Marge. Enjoy your 210P.

Since I don't have your model (or even a Roadtrek), I will leave your question for others with more knowledge.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:48 AM   #3
Platinum Member

ditto...this'll keep your post up high

there are 210P owners here, stand by

i'm in phx, spring just ended...no experience with winterizing

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
Here a a picture of a 2004 190 Popular user manual showing the bypass valve
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 16.50.20.png.pdf (785.7 KB, 17 views)
boutcorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:20 AM   #5
Platinum Member

It is not the end of the world if you get antifreeze into the hot water tank. It will flush from there just as it will from the lines.

From memory of our 210, there are three valves near the top of the tank, under the kitchen sink. When the middle (bypass) valve is closed (handle perpendicular to the water line, and the other two valves are open, handles parallel to the water lines, water will flow into and out of your water heater.

For ours, if the bypass valve is closed when flushing the lines (and the other two valves are open), it will flush through the hot tank. Just the opposite of what you said from youtube.

To bypass the water heater, put the valves in the opposite position as stated above. Water will then bypass the hot tank. This is what is normal to put antifreeze into the lines and not the tank.

I suggest flushing out antifreeze with the valves in the same position they were in when antifreeze was added. that way flush water will flow the same places the antifreeze flowed

I will look at ours tomorrow and will post again if the above is incorrect, or incomplete.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #6

I have a 2006 210V.

The three valves are in "summer mode" as shown in the picture above. To put it in bypass mode "winter mode" the valves on the two pipes going into the tank should be closed (IE valve handle is perpendicular to the pipe) and the valve on the bypass pipe should be open (valve parallel to pipe) . This means that the water or antifreeze cannot go into the tank and can follow the bypass in "winter" mode. In summer mode the bypass should be closed and the two pipes going into the tank should be open - forcing the water to go through the tank. Hope this helps.
djdeld01 is offline   Reply With Quote